This low carb and keto Mexican Street Cauliflower Salad is brought to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
If you’re a fan of my Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower, you’re gonna love this veggie loaded keto Mexican Street Cauliflower Salad. Inspired by the delicious and popular Mexican Street Corn Salad, this fun salad is made with caramelized roasted cauliflower, has all of the amazing flavors of the street corn salad with a fraction of the carbs…and it’s insanely addictive!
There is nothing Maddie and I love more than roasted cauliflower, so when thinking about how to create a low carb and keto version of the popular street corn salad, cauliflower was the only answer.
Preparing the Cauliflower for the Mexican Cauliflower Salad
Roasting cauliflower is so easy and in my opinions its the tastiest way to prepare cauliflower! To prepare the cauliflower for roasting, breakdown the heads of cauliflower into small florets and toss with avocado oil, salt and pepper. Pour the florets onto a large lined sheet pan and bake at 425 until the cauliflower is tender and caramelized.
Ingredients for the Cauliflower Salad
To add great texture and even more flavor to the salad, we’re going to add some additional veggies to the cauliflower…a little purple onion, crunchy diced bell pepper, juicy cherry tomatoes, and some fresh jalapeño for a little heat.
The dressing for the salad is so simple and similar to mouthwatering sauce that is the topping for the Mexican Street Style Cauliflower that makes the dish so addictive! A simple mixture of sour cream, mayo, garlic, lime juice and a some of my favorite staple Fiesta Brand Spices!
In my opinion, the Mexican Cotija cheese is what makes this salad! Fresh and salty, this cheese adds amazing flavor to the salad. If you can’t find Cotija cheese, you can use feta cheese in its place.
Storing the Mexican Street Cauliflower Salad
This keto cauliflower salad is best tossed together and served immediately topped with extra Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro but it’s also great served up cold. To serve, later simply store the salad in a covered container in the fridge and store for up to 3 days.
This low carb and keto Mexican Street Cauliflower Salad is great served up along side anything from a grilled steak to BBQ chicken and is so addictive and delicious! Either served at room temperature or chilled, this cauliflower salad is sure to become a family favorite summer side dish!
Looking for more Keto Friendly summer sides? Check these out!
- Animal Style Roasted Cauliflower
- Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower
- Marinated Asparagus Salad
- Oil & Vinegar Coleslaw
- Keto “Potato” Salad
Keto Mexican Street Cauliflower Salad
- 2 large heads fresh cauliflower cut into small florets
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatos, halved
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
For the Dressing:
Garnish: Chopped Cilantro & Crumbled Cotija
To Prepare the Salad:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Toss the florets with the avocado oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and place the cauliflower florets onto a lined sheet pan. Roast at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until tender and carmelized. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled cauliflower, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, tomatoes and cilantro and toss.
- Stir together the mayo, sour cream and the next 7 ingredients. Combine the dressing with the veggies and toss gently to coat. Depending on the size of your cauliflower heads, you may not use all the dressing. Dress as desired. Spoon the salad into a serving bowl and top with more cheese and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately. To serve later, cover and chill until serving.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.