This amazing Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower recipe is brought to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
In my opinion this Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower is this ultimate keto and low carb cauliflower recipe! Grilled to caramel-ly perfection, drizzled with a garlicky crema and topped with salty Cotija cheese, this is Texas summertime keto comfort food at its best!
I’ve never been a fan of “sweet” veggies like corn, carrots or sweet potatoes….I guess me and “sweet” were never meant to be! In fact, I remember telling people as a child that I was allergic to corn so I wasn’t forced to eat it! That being said a few years ago at a local festival, I experienced Mexican Street Corn for the first time and I was forever in love. It wasn’t necessarily the corn but the combination of the garlicky sauce, the salty cheese and the hint of sweetness and char from the corn that made this combination freakin’ unforgettable!
Needless to say, a low carb or keto lifestyle does not include corn….but I had to come up with a way to enjoy this Texas summertime staple…so grilled cauliflower it is! Well let me tell you, as much as I love roasted cauliflower, I’m not sure I’ll over look at it the same way…and after one bite of grilled cauliflower creation…neither will you!
This super easy cauliflower recipe starts with…
This Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower starts, well, with a fresh head of cauliflower! I cut it up into florets or you can also cut it into “steaks”. Now…let me just say that I find that cauliflower “steaks” tend to fall apart, so I opted for the easy florets!
Since some of my florets were a little to small for the grill I put them all into a foil pan, which worked out perfectly! You get all the heat and smoke from the grill and the bottom of the pan does a great job an helping to caramelize the cauliflower!
I seasoned the cauliflower up with some Fiesta Brand Chili Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder and a little salt and a drizzle of olive oil and it was ready for the grill!
What makes this cauliflower recipe so special?
This easy garlicky crema and the Cotijia cheese is what takes this grilled cauliflower recipe straight over the top! Sour cream, mayo, some fresh lime, garlic and a few spices create the most amazing sauce for this grilled cauliflower…and topped with salty Cotijia…HEAVEN!
Cotija can typically be found with the Queso Fresco and other Mexican cheeses in the refrigerated section of the grocery. Can’t find Cotija…sub feta! It has the same great saltiness and will be delish!
This Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower is what summer flavors in Texas is all about! This easy cauliflower recipe is great for a BBQ or cookout side and perfect for entertaining! Quick, easy, low carb and keto…this one is going to become a go to family favorite!
Looking for other keto cauliflower sides? Check these out!
- Cheesy Green Chili Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Cauliflower with Chile & Lime
- Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo
Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower
For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise your favorite
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1-2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
Garnish: Chopped Cilantro
To cook the cauliflower:
- Preheat your grill to 375-400 degrees. Place the cauliflower florets into a disposable aluminum pan and season with salt, chili pepper, paprika and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place pan on the grill and cook/smoke for 30-35 minutes (stirring occasionally) or until cauliflower is tender and has started to char are caramelize.
- To cook your cauliflower in the oven: Bake at 400, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until tender and the florets start to get nice and golden brown!
To make the crema:
- Combine the mayo and the next 6 ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- After the cauliflower is done cooking, place the cauliflower on a platter or pan, drizzle with the crema and top with crumbled cotija cheese and garnish with chopped cilantro.