This delicious recipe is courtesy of Maddie’s creativity….Animal Style Roasted Cauliflower, inspired by one of our favorite fast food treats. Roasted cauliflower is one of our favorite sides, topped with a savory thousand island style dressing, caramelized onions and crumbled bacon…outrageous!
This simple, Animal Style Cauliflower recipe is so easy and a delectable way to dress up roasted cauliflower, one of our favorite keto friendly veggies!
Now here’s Maddie…
This is one of my favorite summer recipes. This idea all started when one day I really was craving some animal style fries from In- n- Out, but the problem was first the closest one was four hours away, considering we live in the middle of nowhere. Secondly, potatoes and the fry sauce are most definitely not keto. So, knowing how I love roasted cauliflower, I had the idea of using cauliflower instead of fries. After making a few tweaks to the sauce to make it more keto friendly…BAM…I got this amazing creation and Animal Style Cauliflower was born!
Delicious Roasted Cauliflower
I absolutely love roasted cauliflower not to mention it’s incredibly easy to make. Just a little olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and a about 30 minutes in the oven and it’s done. The amazing crispy, caramel bits mixed with the savory, creamy sauce, sweet caramelized onions, melted cheese, and crisp bacon… I mean how could that be bad.
How to make the sauce for the animal style roasted cauliflower
Now for the most important part…the sauce. This simple but delicious sauce is what pulls everything together…it’s so easy you can’t mess it up! All it takes is some mayo, no sugar added ketchup, garlic powder, dill pickle relish, and a pinch of sweetener. It doesn’t get any easier than that and it tastes amazing topped with golden, sweet caramelized onions, melted cheese and bacon!
If you’re looking for a delicious, keto and low carb side dish option this Animal Style Cauliflower is your answer!
Love this Animal Style Roasted Cauliflower? Check out these popular recipes!
- Mexican Street Style Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower with Pimento Cheese Butter
- Green Chili Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Keto Zucchini Gratin
Animal Style Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 large head fresh cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise your favorite
- ¼ cup sugar free ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. dill relish
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. Pyure Sweetener see notes**
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup diced onion, browned & caramelized see notes**
- 2 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
To cook the cauliflower:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the cauliflower florets onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper. and toss to coat.
- Bake at 400, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until tender and the florets start to get nice and golden brown!
To make the sauce:
- Combine the mayo, ketchup, relish, garlic powder and sweetner and stir well to combine.
- After the cauliflower is golden brown and tender, place the cauliflower on a platter or pan, drizzle with the sauce and top with the shredded cheese, caramelized onion and crumbled bacon. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.