This marinated Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is nothing short of stunning! A delicious mix of vibrant fresh spring asparagus, sweet tomatoes, creamy artichokes, crisp fresh green beans and roasted peppers marinated in a garlicky lemon vinaigrette, this low carb and keto friendly asparagus salad is the perfect spring side dish!
Asparagus has always been one of my favorite veggies…I mean, even as a child, it was my most frequently requested vegetable. Now it’s one of my girls favorite as well! Roasted asparagus is one of our go to sides that the whole family loves…even the little one and the Cowboy! But I have to say that this asparagus salad is my new favorite way to eat my favorite spring veggie.
When spring rolls around, you will start to see gorgeous asparagus showing up in force in your grocery store. Young, tender, sweet, and full of the flavor of spring, this is the best time of year to enjoy them! I paired some young asparagus up with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, crisp green beans and sweet, tangy cherry tomatoes for the ultimate spring salad!
To make sure the green beans and asparagus are just the right texture and hold their color, they get blanched in some slated water then go immediately into an ice bath, resulting in perfected al dente gorgeously green veggies!
The lemon vinaigrette dressing for this salad is so easy and simple to put together and complements the entire cast of characters this asparagus salad! The ingredients go in to a mason jar and get a quick shake or you can blend them for a smoother dressing…you can’t go wrong!
This Marinated Asparagus Salad is perfect for any outdoor cookout or BBQ because it can sit out at room temperature without fear that it will spoil like other mayo based sides!
Did I mention it’s low carb, keto friendly, dairy free and vegan? Perfect for entertaining, this asparagus salad is just gorgeous to look at and do incredibly delicious to eat!
Check out these other yummy outdoor friendly salads!
Asparagus Salad with Lemon Viniagrette
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans trimmed and cut into 1 ½” pieces
- 8 oz. marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers cut into strips
- 12 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ small purple onion thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp. Lakanto Sweetener or your low carb sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Prepared Ice Bath for Blanching Veggies
- Bring a large pot of salted water up to a boil. Once the water is boiling drop in the green beans and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and place immediately into the prepared ice bath. Drop the asparagus into the salted water and blanche for 2 minutes. Remove immediately and place into the prepared ice bath. Remove the cooled asparagus and green beans from the ice bath and lay them on paper towels to dry.
- Combine all the ingredient for the dressing in a mason jar and shake until combined. For a smoother dressing, process in the blender.
- In a large bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, onions and dried green beans and asparagus; toss to combine. Pour dressing over the veggies and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper as needed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.