This Keto Creamy Cajun Chicken recipe is brought to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
Keto Creamy Cajun Chicken is an easy one skillet meal that is amazing served with any low carb pasta or rice alternative! Juicy, spicy blackened chicken breasts simmered in a creamy, dreamy sauce…a dish the whole family will be obsessed with!
Normally, I’m not a fan of chicken breast but one of my favorite ways that I actually enjoy the typically bland, flavorless protein is blackened. Blackening transforms chicken breast into a flavor bomb and coated in a creamy, flavorful sauce laced with onion and bell pepper….amazing!
Preparing this easy chicken dish
The magic in this cajun chicken recipe comes from the spice blend that coats the outside of the chicken and then comes alive when it’s seared in the pan.
There are many spice blends for blackening available but my favorite is the River Road Blackened Seasoning from Fiesta Brand Seasonings. It’s gluten and MSG free and is an authentic blend of paprika, spics, garlic, onion and a spicy kick from cayenne that’s amazing on anything from chicken to seafood.
Blackening the chicken for this dish is simple. The chicken breast get coated with the blackening seasoning and seared off in a hot pan with butter and a little oil to increase the smoking point.
After blackening the chicken, the veggies get cooked in the skillet and help grab all of the seasoning off the bottom of the pan that was left by the chicken. To start the sauce, stock gets added to the veggies and reduced to start to create a sauce, then some cream and more simmering till the sauce is thickened and luscious. The final part of the sauce for this Creamy Cajun Chicken is some freshly grated parmesan cheese that bring the sauce together to perfection!
How to Serve Keto Creamy Cajun Chicken
The options for this Creamy Cajun Chicken are endless! Serve the chicken and this creamy sauce over any keto or low carb pasta alternative or toss the pasta alternative into the sauce. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Palmini Pasta
- Shirataki Noodles or Rice
- Zucchini Noodles / Zoodles or Spaghetti Squash
- Cauliflower Rice
- Mashed Turnips or…
- Make Your Own Keto or Low Carb Pasta
I like to toss my keto pasta of choice into the sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes to get the “pasta” to soak up the sauce. Top with chopped parsley and sliced green onions to serve!
Looking for more family friendly keto recipes? Check these out…
- Keto Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Mexican Spaghetti Casserole
Keto Creamy Cajun Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally into cutlets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- River Road Blackened Seasoning
- 1 medium purple onion, halved and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Season each peice of chicken generously on both sides with the Blackened Seasoning and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat; add the butter and avocado oil. Place the chicken in the preheated pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until the chicken reached 165 degrees. Cook the chicken in batches if needed. The pan will smoke due to the seasoning, make sure to use your overhead vent. Slice the chicken and set aside reserving any juice.
- Immediately add the onion and pepper to the pan, and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until reduced by about half. You should have about 2/3 of stock left. Add the cream and continue to simmer the sauce until it starts to reduce and thicken. The sauce should lightly coat the back of a spoon. Reduce the heat to medium low, add cheese and stir constantly until cheese melts. Return the sliced chicken to the pan with any juice to reheat the chicken. Top with sliced green onions, more cheese and serve as desired.