If you’re a die hard chocolate lover like me…listen up! These little dairy free Double Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins are a low carb, keto friendly family favorite that will satisfy your dark chocolaty cravings! Quick and easy to make, these yummy little muffins are great for a quick breakfast, snack or evening treat!
Let’s face it, weekday mornings can be crazy and having breakfast prepared in advance, especially one that travels well and is kid friendly, can make your morning run so much smoother. I love having a few breakfast foods prepared for the week that are grab and go and these coconut flour muffins are one of our favorites! I mean who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast!
These chocolatey coconut flour muffins are made in one bowl in minutes and are fantastic for meal prep! I love that they are mini muffin size because they are really the perfect size for little hands or to pack and go!
These mini Double Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins are dairy free, low carb and free of tree nuts as well, so if you’re dairy free or have nut allergies and looking for something to satisfy your chocolate craving, these little gems are the perfect thing! If you have a tree nut allergy, sub refrigerated coconut milk for the almond milk!
I’ve been trying to bake more with coconut flour lately, it’s less expensive than other low carb or keto friendly flours, like almond flour and I love the fact that you don’t have to use as much in a recipe, so it lasts longer. In a recipe you typically use only about ¼ of the coconut flour that you would in an almond flour recipe! Also, tree nut allergies are so common, making almond flour off limits for a lot of people and families. Coconut is a seed so most people with tree nut allergies can enjoy coconut flour recipes, including these scrumptious coconut flour muffins!
These Double Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins are fluffy, moist and full of rich chocolate flavor…my kids literally cannot keep their hands off them! Great for a quick, grab and go breakfast, afternoon snack or an evening treat, these little coconut flour muffins will hit the spot! Perfect with a cup of coffee!
Check out these other dairy free, keto recipes!
Double Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ Tbsp. gelatin
- 1½ Tbsp. cocoa
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Lakanto Powdered Sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 3 ½ Tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk see notes
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine, breaking up an clumps. Add the next four ingredients and whisk well to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop batter with a cookie scoop (about 1 tbsp. of batter) into each muffin cup. If desired place 2-3 additional chocolate chips on each muffin and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until done. Do not over bake. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing and cool completely before enjoying!
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.
4 thoughts on “Double Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins”
Are these considered free of tree nuts if they contain almond milk?
No, but you can easily sub refrigerated coconut milk (not canned)! I will make note of it in the recipe…Thanks for pointing that out!
Do you use a mini muffin tin or regular muffin tin? We love your recipes! Thanks!
I’m so glad you enjoy them…I use a mini muffins pan!