I’m super excited to bring you this recipe today! This low carb Coconut Cake so easy, so delicious and perfect for Spring! It has quickly become one of our favorite low carb treats. If you are a coconut lover like me, this low carb, keto friendly, dairy free version of this classic spring dessert will be your new obsession!
If there is one dessert that screams spring for me, it’s coconut cake! Growing up a huge, frosted coconut cake was typically the the center of our family’s Easter celebrations and was always one of my favorite treats! Coconut seems to be traditional for many family this time of year. But just because you live a low carb or keto lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t have your cake and eat it too! This low carb Coconut Cake is simple and easy to make and packed with crazy coconut flavor!
As you may know, I’ve been working on removing dairy from my diet so wanted to create a dairy free version of a low carb coconut cake that I could enjoy this spring and during our Easter celebration! So many keto recipes are full of cream cheese, whipping cream or other dairy that it can be a real challenge to find great dairy free options! This coconut cake will not disappoint!
To amp up the flavor we used coconut oil and coconut cream to maximize the amazing flavor in this dreamy low carb coconut cake!
To infuse even more flavor, I created a coconut soak that’s added to the cake after baking that adds moisture and incredible coconut flavor to the cake. This “soak” or glaze also eliminates the need for any frosting, which is a huge time savor! I’m not a huge fan of keto or low carb buttercreams or frostings….they tend to be just too sweet. The coconut cream glaze adds the perfect amount of sweetness and intensifies the incredible coconut flavor!
In my opinion, the perfect topping for this dairy free, low carb coconut cake is a dollop of whipped coconut cream! Garnish with some toasted coconut flakes and you have one showstopper of a dessert that everyone…even the carb lovers…will enjoy!
Check out some of my other low carb cakes!
Low Carb Dairy Free Coconut Cake
For the Cake
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener or equivalent sweetener of choice
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
For the Coconut Glaze
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 Tbsp. Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- Garnish: Whipped Coconut Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch round inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat the 6 eggs on medium high to high for 3-4 minutes. You want them to double in volume and be light and fluffy. Meanwhile, combine the next 5 ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- When the eggs are light and fluffy and doubled in volume, add the dry ingredients to the eggs and mix well to combine. Now, add the extracts, coconut cream, melted coconut oil and mix one last time scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated well.
- Give the batter one final stir making sure you get the batter from the bottom of the bowl. Pour the batter in the lined cake pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until it tests done with a tester. Do not over bake!
- While the cake is baking, combine the ingredients for the coconut glaze in a microwave safe measuring cup. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between each one until the sweetener is completely dissolved. This can also be done on the stove top in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Once the cake is done, let it sit and cool for 5-10 minutes. Then pour the coconut glaze over the warm cake. Cool the cake in the pan completely before turning out. Slice and serve garnished with whipped coconut cream!
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.