This post is sponsored by Rodelle.
If you are looking for the perfect low carb, keto friendly chocolate cake…look no further. Chocolate Sour Cream Cake is the stuff low carb dreams are made of! Fluffy, moist with deep rich chocolate flavor, this cake will have everyone in the house begging for more…and they will never know its sugar free and low carb!
It has been extremely quiet around the house the past few weeks. My girls have been traveling around this summer visiting grandparents and friends and while I am so glad they are able to visit everyone…I miss them a ton when they’re gone! Maddie also has a tough time when traveling because she doesn’t always get to eat as well as she wants, and she often calls me and complains about how bad she feels, which is a bummer. That means when she comes home she always has a few days where she just doesn’t feel great. So, to welcome them both back home I wanted to make something celebratory, healthy and delicious for them both to enjoy…something low carb, sugar free and super yummy to impress Paige and to help get Maddie back on track! So, what is more celebratory than cake??!!
Chocolate Sour Cream Cake is a definite showstopper! Moist and fluffy with great chocolate flavor, both girls went crazy for it! I topped it all off with fluffy, pink cream cheese frosting and it was the perfect welcome home treat! Even the two in the house that aren’t low carb loved it! As a matter of fact, Paige has asked me to make it two more times since she has been home and even the Cowboy tasted it…his reaction… “I’m going to have to have a piece of that later.” SCORE!
I love to use Rodelle Cocoa for any recipe calling for cocoa. It’s rich and dark and the quality and flavor is incredible. It makes a huge difference in the final product! Be sure to always use quality ingredients for the best results in any recipe…but don’t skimp on the cocoa!
If you are living a low carb or keto lifestyle, Chocolate Sour Cream Cake is one recipe you will want to keep close! This cake is super easy to make and can be in the oven in less than 10 minutes…my girls have even made it by themselves, so if they can do it…so can you! Top with any sugar free frosting you like or even a little sweetened whipped cream for a scrumptious treat the whole family will love!
- 3 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 3 Tbsp butter softened
- ½ cup powdered Lakanto Sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla ( I use Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray or grease an 8 inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat the 8 eggs on medium high to high for 3-4 minutes. You want them to double in volume and be light and fluffy. Meanwhile, combine the next 6 dry ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- When the eggs are light and fluffy and doubled in volume, add the dry ingredients to the eggs and mix well to combine. Now, add the sour cream, melted butter and vanilla and mix one last time scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Give the batter one final stir making sure you get the batter from the bottom of the bowl. Pour the batter in the lined cake pan and bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes or until it tests done with a tester. Do not overbake! Cool the cake in the pan completely before turning out.
- To make frosting: Combine cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl and beat with handheld mixer until fluffy. Add the sweetener, vanilla and cream and mix until creamy and all ingredients are combined.
- Once cool, turn cake out on to a cake plate or platter. Top with frosting and enjoy!
Nutrition information calculated after removing the sugar alcohols.
When measuring coconut flour or almond flour be sure to "fluff" the flour first and then lightly spoon it into the measuring cup.
You can use your favorite sweetener in place of the Pyure. If you use a sweetener that is 1:1 for sugar you will need to use 2-3 cup in place of the Pyure.