This post is sponsored by Rodelle Kitchen.
If you are a chocolate lover like me, this Keto Chocolate Cake topped with Ganache is going to be your new obsession! Intense, rich and decadent…everything you dream of in the perfect chocolate cake…and to top it off, it’s gluten free, grain free and low carb! Perfect for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion when nothing but chocolate will do!
Ya’ll this time of year I am chocolate obsessed…probably because everywhere I turn I see chocolate!! From Valentines to Easter…or really Christmas to Easter, it seems like chocolate lines the shelves of the stores!! If you are a chocolate lover like me, it can be tough to not be tempted by all that deliciousness, so I always like to have amazing chocolate treat recipes on standby when those cravings hit!
When I want chocolate, I was something dark, rich and decadent and this Keto Chocolate Cake is the perfect low carb dessert to satisfy those cravings!
Both my girls definitely have an affinity for chocolate, so they are the perfect subjects to test out my chocolate low carb dessert recipes. My little one Paige, who is the carb lover of the family, has started requesting chocolate cake just about every week but the funny thing is, she really means THIS chocolate cake! She even requested it for her birthday…WIN!
As many of you know, I cook quite a bit of non-keto or low carb food when we have guests on the Ranch, but on occasion I do have guests that are diabetic and have even had a few keto guests and this cake is always on the menu…and people go crazy for it…even the carb eaters…LOL!
This Keto Chocolate Cake is made entirely in the blender so it’s super quick and easy! If you don’t have a blender that can handle a thick batter you can also use a food processor or even a mixer. Be sure to use great quality cocoa like Rodelle Brand Baking Cocoa for this recipe because it will make all the difference in the final cake!
The ganache for this cake is make like a traditional ganache but with sugar free chocolate chips. Just a note, depending on the chips you use your ganache may set with a matte finish instead of a glossy one due to the sweetener used…have no fear, it will taste amazing!
Chocoholics unite! This Keto Chocolate Cake is the low carb dessert of your dreams! Perfect for Valentine’s Day, birthday or any special occasion, quick and easy to make and drop dead delicious!
Looking for other sweet treats, check these out!
Keto Chocolate Cake with Ganache
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. quality dutch cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Pyure Organic Stevia Blend
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener classic or golden
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips, like Lily’s divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease or oil a 9 inch round cake pan and line with parchment (I used coconut oil spray).
- Place first 13 ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on medium-low (1-5) for 10 seconds and then on high blend until completely combined and the batter is smooth. You will have to stop and scrape the sides down a few times to get all of the ingredients incorporated well. If you do not have a high speed a food processor or a bowl and whisk will work just fine!
- Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips to the blender and pulse to break up and mix them in. If using the old fashioned bowl and whisk, you will want to chop up the chips into smaller pieces and mix them in. Pour batter into the prepared 9 inch pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before turning out.
- For the ganache topping: In a large heat safe measuring cup, microwave the cream on high for 1 minute or until very hot but not boiling. Carefully remove from microwave and add the remaining chocolate chips. Let sit for 2 minutes then stir together until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Once the cake is turned out onto serving plate or cake stand, pour ganache over the top of the cake and spread to edges allowing the ganache to spill over the edges…delish! The cake cuts cleaner after it has been chilled for 30 minutes to an hour…if you can wait that long! Enjoy with an espresso or a glass of cold milk!!
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.