These Asian inspired Ground Venison Lettuce Wraps are the perfect warm weather meal! Ground venison gets all dolled up with a flavor packed Asian sauce and piled high into crispy, refreshing iceberg lettuce cups. The result? Cool, crunchy, deliciousness.
We’re always looking to create new and fresh ground venison recipes. When warm weather rolls around here in Texas, chili and stews are off the menu and cool, refreshing dishes are more likely to hit the mark! Bonus if they can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! Ground venison is one of our favorite dinner time ingredients…the possibilities are endless! It’s one of the most common and versatile types or “cuts” found in a hunter’s freezer. It’s commonly used as a substitute for other ground meat but with a little imagination it can be so much more! Case and point…this Asian Inspired Lettuce Wraps recipe!
The key to developing amazing flavor in any ground venison recipe is to caramelize the meat to a golden brown. The juices from the meat reduce and create a crust on the meat which is what adds amazing depth of flavor to this venison lettuce wrap recipes.
Great for a fun, effortless weeknight meal or even for entertaining family and friends poolside, these Asian inspired Ground Venison Lettuce Wraps are the perfect warm weather meal!
The venison is quickly browned up and caramelized with fresh garlic, ginger and scallions to create a mouthwatering base for this addictive lettuce wrap. The venison is then mixed with an easy Asian style sauce and piled high into fresh iceberg lettuce cups. The result? Cool, crunchy, deliciousness.
Don’t have ground venison? You can use ground beef, chicken, turkey, pork or any other wild game!
Topped with sliced green onions and chopped dry roasted peanuts, this quick and easy, one pan ground venison recipe is an explosion of Asian inspired flavors and is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Check out some of our other favorite low carb venison recipes!
- Cornbread Casserole with Ground Venison
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos with Venison
- Italian Style Venison Meatballs
Asian Inspired Ground Venison Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound ground venison
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 8 oz. can water chestnuts drained and diced
- 6 oz. cremini or white button mushrooms cleaned and diced in ¼” pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced or grated
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. gluten free soy sauce or Tamari
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener
- 2 tsp. sriracha hot sauce optional
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and separated into individual leaves
- Garnish: sliced green onions and chopped dry roasted salted peanuts
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, sesame oil, sugar or substitute and sriracha. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and venison to the pan and start browning. Season with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. After 2-3 minutes, add the garlic, ginger, diced mushrooms, water chestnuts and green onions and continue to cook until meat is brown and has started to caramelize. At this point you should have some bits sticking to the bottom of the pan. Add the water to the pan and stir, scraping up all the caramelized bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the prepared sauce and stir into the meat mixture. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until there is no liquid left in the pan. To serve, place about ¼ cup of the meat mixture in to the center of a lettuce leaf. Top with sliced green onion and chopped peanuts, roll up and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.