This Keto Mexican Rice recipe is brought to you by Bolner’s Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
This quick and easy Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice makes a tasty side dish or base for any Mexican inspired dish!
Being born and raised in Texas, Mexican or Tex-Mex food is life, and on the menu at least a few times a week. As a kid, I always ordered cheese enchiladas but always left the Mexican rice on my plate but as an adult it was one of my favorite parts of the meal! I think it was because I finally discovered how delicious it was mixed with the sauce, cheese, guacamole…now my mouth is watering, but you get the point!
So, I really wanted a side with Mexican flare that could fill in for my rice, so naturally cauliflower rice was the answer. I mean isn’t it the answer for everything in the low carb and keto world!?
Quick and Easy Keto Mexican Rice
This dish could not be more simple and comes together in just minutes so it won’t add any additional prep time to dinner. We use it for a base to taco or fajita bowl or serve it as a side with my cheesy enchilada casserole!
Ingredients for the Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice
The ingredient list for this keto cauliflower rice recipe is short and sweet! Diced onion, bell pepper and garlic create the flavor base for this easy dish. Then everything gets spiced up with a little Fiesta Brand Chili Powder, Garlic Powder and Cumin. The spices get added to the sauted veggies prior to the caulilofwer rice to help really bring out the amazing flavors of the spices. Then, in goes the cauliflower rice. Everything gets sautéed quickly together and DONE!
Fresh or Frozen Cauliflower Rice?
I’m going to be really honest here. I like using frozen cauliflower rice because its quick and convenient…and maybe a little lazy. No not really, but I find making fresh cauliflower rice messy and frankly a pain. Yes, it’s easy to do, BUT most days, by the time I get to my dinner, I’ve already cooked a full homemade breakfast, dinner and dessert for guests we have on the ranch. The last thing I want to do is pull out my food processor or grater and make fresh cauliflower rice. Bottom line…you can use fresh or frozen, both will work great and require about the same amount of cook time.
This spiced up Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice makes a quick, easy and delicious side to compliment any meal! Great for meal prep and it’s also dairy free!
Looking for more keto dishes to satisfy your Tex-Mex cravings? Check these out!
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Mexican Spaghetti Casserole
- Keto Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Garlic & Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Green Chili Cauliflower Rice Casserole
MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 2 Tbsp. avocado olive oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 12 oz. packages of frozen cauliflower rice
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, diced onion and bell pepper to the
- skillet and saute for 3-5 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic,
- chili powder, cumin and saute for another minute, stirring constantly. Add the frozen
- cauliflower rice and salt and stir to combine. Cook for 7-10 minutes stirring often, until
- the cauliflower rice is cooked and there is no liquid left in the pan.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco meat or Mexican inspired dish!
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.