This Keto Cranberry Brie Tart recipe is brought to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
I could not be more excited about this gorgeous and delicious Keto Cranberry Brie Tart. Perfect for a holiday appetizer, this tart has it all! Crispy, spicy crust topped with creamy, whipped brie, a tart jalapeno cranberry sauce and toasted pecans. This tart is one holiday appetizer I guarantee your guests will go crazy for!
This Keto Cranberry Brie Tart recipe was inspired by one of my favorite holiday appetizers that my mom, Laurie, used to make. I loved it so much, I used it for countless catering jobs back in the day. You may have seen what I’m talking about…little phyllo cups stuffed with brie and topped with fruity jam. Everyone always raved about them and they were so simple…my kind of appetizer!
I wanted to recreate these yummy tartlets for my keto holiday. Now, if you’re like me, I want holiday appetizers that are fairly simply and not overly fussy, so I took the idea of the tartlets and made a larger tart that can be cut and served so save on prep time!
The spiced up Crust for this Keto Cranberry Brie Tart is so easy!
This coconut flour crust comes together quickly in a food processor. Coconut flour, a little sweetener, salt, butter and some cream cheese spiced up with some Fiesta Brand paprika and cayenne for a little kick! The crust then gets pressed into a tart pan or your pan of choice!
Can the tart be used for mini tartlets?
Absolutely! Simply press this easy crust dough evenly into a lightly greased mini muffin pan and make for about 6-8 minutes or until golden. Cool the shells, remove form the pan and fill with the whipped brie and cranberry before serving!
How to make whipped brie for the Keto Cranberry Brie Tart
First of all, making whipped brie could not be easier and I can’t imagine a more delicious way to eat this cheese! Brie is covered in an edible rind, but it has to be cut off to whip. With a sharp knife, cut the rind off the wheel of brie, being careful not to get too much of the yummy brie. Let the brie sit out for 10-15 minutes, then it goes into a stand mixer and gets whipped for 5-7 minutes or until buttery smooth and spreadable. You will have to scrap down the sides of your bowl a few times in the process. Just scrape them down and continue to whip.
Making the Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
This sauce for this Keto Cranberry Brie Tart is so simple to make and incredibly delicious! Fresh cranberries, finely chopped jalapeno, water, sweetener, orange peel, paprika and little apple cider vinegar go into a sauce pan and simmered until the cranberries burst and the mixture thickens, then gets cooled until assemble time! This cranberry sauce can be made in advance and kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
Need a quick appetizer, try this Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce over cream cheese and serve with keto crackers!
Next every thing get layered in the spiced up crust and topped with toasted chopped pecans! It’s that easy!
I love using a rectangular tart pan to make a festive and gorgeous presentation. This one has a removable bottom which I definitely recommend! To serve this Keto Cranberry Brie Tart, I slice this rectangular tart into about 10 slices then cut those pieces in half to get about 20 servings, especially if you have other appetizers. If you don’t have a tart pan you could use a 9×9 baking pan lined with parchment to make bars. For easy removal and no fuss slicing, make sure that your parchment hangs over the side of the pan so you can use it as a handle to lift everything out. Also, as I mentioned you can press your dough into mini muffin cups to make tartlets!
This Keto Cranberry Brie Tart is a festive holiday appetizer that will put everyone in the holiday spirit! Perfect for your next holiday gathering, this gorgeous tart is a crowd pleaser and could not be easier to prepare!
Looking for more keto holiday appetizers? Check these out!
Keto Cranberry Brie Tart
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Monfruit/ Erythritol Blend Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter cold and cut into pieces
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- ½ cup Monkfruit/Erythritol Blend Sweetener
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Zest form one small naval orange
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 18 oz. double cream brie cheese rind removed
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
To make the crust:
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine coconut flour, sweetener, salt, and spices and pulse to combine. Add the eggs, cream cheese and cold butter pieces and pulse till the mixture comes together and away from the sides of the bowl. Place in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Press dough evenly into a lightly sprayed tart pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
To make the Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
- Combine the cranberries, jalapeno, sweetener, water, vinegar, orange zest and paprika into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until cranberries burst and mixture thickens. Remove orange zest and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes, until cool.
For the whipped brie:
- Place the brie, with the rinds removed, into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat with a paddle attachment on medium speed for 5-7 minutes or until smooth and silky. Scrape down sides every minute as needed. Set aside.
To assemble the tart:
- Spread the whipped brie evenly over the bottom of the crust. Next, spread the cranberry sauce ovr the top of the brie. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and slice to serve! Store in the fridge covered.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.