This post is sponsored by Fiesta Brand Seasonings.
Searching for super easy keto appetizers for your upcoming Super Bowl Party? You are going to fall in love with these Chili Cheese Bites! Quick and easy to make and packed full of spicy, savory chili flavor, these little morsels of fabulousness are going be the hit of your party!
Maddie and I are always in search of different keto appetizers or snacks to keep on hand. I try not to snack during the day but sometimes it happens! Especially since I work from home, there are so many times I find myself wondering around the kitchen looking for a snack! When it does happen, I love knowing that I have some low carb and keto friendly options available!
These Chili Cheese Bites are a great keto appetizer or snack option. They have zero carbs per bite and they’re full of healthy fat which will help you stay full and satisfied longer! They are like little savory, flavor packed fat bombs!
These Chili Cheese Bites are so simple to make, and the great thing is you likely have most of the ingredients already in your keto kitchen! Softened cream cheese is combined with shredded cheese, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and a little green onion to take the chili flavor all the way home! The mixture is rolled into bite sized balls and rolled in a mixture of finely chopped bacon and chili powder to add a smoky crunch…and who doesn’t love bacon! That’s it! In less than 10 minutes, you have bit size keto appetizers that literally taste like a bowl of chili and a bowl of queso had a baby…YUM!!
Have vegetarian guests? No problem! Omit the bacon and dust these little guys in chili powder!
These little keto appetizers are not only perfect for entertaining but are great just to keep in the fridge for a quick afternoon snack to get you through to dinnertime!
The key to these having great chili flavor is using fresh, quality chili and garlic powder. This is not the time to grab that 10-year-old bottle of chili powder or paprika that you forgot was in the back of your cabinet! Using fresh spices will ensure you get all the chili and garlic flavor your looking for in these savory little bites! I love using Fiesta Brand Seasonings spices, they’re always fresh and full of flavor! Check out the link in the ingredients list for more info!
So, whether you’re throwing a big Super Bowl bash or binging on your typical Sunday night Netflix drama, these Chili Cheese Bites are the perfect keto appetizer or snack for the occasion!
Looking for more game day appetizers? Check these out!
Keto Chili Cheese Bites Appetizer
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 scallion or green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder divided
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 pieces crispy cooked bacon, chopped finely
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, onion, garlic, paprika, 1 tsp. chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and salt. Mix well to combine. You can also mix this in a stand or handheld mixer.
- In a pie plate or other flat dish, combine finely chopped bacon and 1/2 tsp. of the remaining chili powder. Roll the cheese mixture into 1″ balls. Then roll each ball into the bacon crumbs, pressing them gently into the cheese mixture. Roll each cheese ball between your hands to smooth them out. Refrigerate for 1 hour.To make these vegetarian: Omit the bacon and simple dust the bites in chili powder.The flavor of these Chili Cheese Balls is best at room temperature.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.
6 thoughts on “Chili Cheese Bites – Keto Appetizers”
Lots of folks loved these! I didn’t care for the consistency so I threw one in the microwave for about 2 minutes and OMG! What an improvement. Also tried deep frying one. That was even better!
Glad folks liked them…hearing them up sounds amazing! Great idea…I’ll have to try that!!
These were so good!! I did a double batch though and have more than I’ll eat myself left. Can these be frozen?
Im not a huge fan of cheese after its been frozen, so I have never attempted it. Freeze a few and test it out to see if it works for you!
Delicious! Although I dont think the recipe calls for enough bacon, or I just like more bacon. I used more than double the amount of bacon the recipe called for.
I’m always for more bacon!