If you are a cheese lover, Jalapeno Mexican Fudge is your dream come true!
Mom #2 has been making Jalapeno Mexican Fudge for as long as I can remember. We always made a huge batch before any big family get together, especially our big family reunions at Inks Lake and it was always the talk of the trip.
My girls were lucky enough to be able to spend the last few days at the lake with their Mimi and Pops, aunts, uncles and cousins. On the trip up to drop them off, we talked a lot about the incredible and crazy times I had up there as kid with my cousins…water skiing, tubing, camping in the rain, crazy family…such great memories. Along with all the fun, we had some great food and Mexican Fudge was the first thing that popped into my mind, mostly because it was my job to grate the cheese for the recipe. It felt like I grated cheese for hours…but it was so worth it.
As a cheese lover, there is nothing better than Jalapeno Mexican Fudge. It reminds me of a dense version of a cheese soufflé, with a crusty caramelized top, savory, soft cheesy inside and a jalapeno kick…indulgent and INCREDIBLE! I can still barely keep my hands off of it while it is warm…and the corners with the crusty, browned cheese…I will fight for those!
Mexican Fudge is a great, “outside-of-the-box” appetizer for cookouts and BBQs…perfect for the Fourth of July holiday. It can be made ahead of time, it’s quick and easy and it is great at room temperature, which means your don’t have to worry about keeping it cold in the summer heat. I definitely would not classify this as “healthy” but it is a low carb, keto friendly and gluten free treat! Indulge…its summer!
Take this to your next get together or cookout…Mexican Fudge is sure to be a hit!
Jalapeno Mexican Fudge
As a cheese lover, there is nothing better than Jalapeno Mexican Fudge. It reminds me of a dense version of a cheese soufflé, with a crusty caramelized top, savory, soft cheesy inside and a jalapeno kick…indulgent and INCREDIBLE!
- 2 lbs Cheddar cheese (mild or medium), grated
- 2 lbs Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- 7 whole eggs, beaten
- 7 oz cream or evaporated milk (Just a little over 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 jar (12oz) pickled, sliced jalapenos, drained**
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- Step 2 Spread sliced jalapenos across the bottom of the pan into one layer. **Test your jalapenos heat. If you want less heat, you can use less jalapenos or chop them up.
- Step 3 In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded cheeses, eggs, milk, garlic and onion powder. Mix will. ( I use my hands here.)
- Step 4 Pour cheese mixture over jalapenos and spread evenly.
- Step 5 Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Step 6 Cool at least 20 minutes before cutting. For best cutting results cool completely.
- Step 7 For a 9×9 pan: Use 1lb of each cheddar and monterrey jack, 3 beaten eggs, 6 tablespoons of evaporated milk or cream, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon onion powder. Prepare pan the same, using half a jar of jalapenos. Bake for 25-35 minutes.