Is it possible improve upon the classic Artichoke Dip recipe? Absolutely! Adding poblanos and adding a little Tex-Mex flare takes this classic to a whole new level…dare I say…best artichoke dip ever!
Around here, a summer cookout is not the same without ton of appetizers and snacks. Honestly, it’s always been my favorite part of any gathering! One of the low carb appetizers that always seem to be the most popular in our family was a classic baked artichoke dip. When I was a kid, if there was artichoke dip being served, I was camped out by it!
Well, today I still love the classic version but sometimes…ok, often…I feel the need to improve upon a classic…
HELLO POBLANO ARTICHOKE DIP.
Warm, gooey dip with a Tex- Mex flare….yes please!! Studded with poblano peppers, onions and seasoned with warm, Tex-Mex spices…oh and the cheese… melty Monterrey and Pepper Jack cheeses takes this dip over the top! Spicy, creamy, rich, decadent and packed full of amazing Tex-Mex flavor…this is the best artichoke dip ever!
Great for game day or your next backyard BBQ or potluck, this easy artichoke dip can be quickly assembled in advance and refrigerated until your ready to bake it! It’s a perfect keto & low carb appetizer!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LOW CARB & KETO ARTICHOKE DIP
Served with pork rinds (my favorite), crispy celery sticks, cool cucumber slices, colorful bell pepper chips or even Fat Head crackers, this Poblano Artichoke Dip recipe will be a hit! Gluten free, low carb and keto friendly…and addictively delish!
Have dip leftover? Serve it over Bacon Wrapped Chicken Diablos and cauliflower rice for a quick weeknight meal full of Mexican flare!
Looking for other yummy, gluten free, low carb/keto dishes to serve up to a crowd? Check these out!
Poblano Artichoke Dip
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced poblano peppers about 2-3 peppers
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained & finely chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 large garlic clove grated
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 6 cup casserole dish.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and diced peppers to the butter and saute for 5-7 minutes or until they start to brown. Once onions are translucent and slightly browned, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chopped artichokes, cream cheese, mayo, garlic and seasonings, and mix. Then add the pepper and onion mixture and both kinds of cheese (reserve 1/4 cup of shredded Monterrey Jack for the top). Stir mixture until completely combined.
- Pour mixture in the prepared casserole dish and spread evenly. Top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with pork rinds, veggies or low carb crackers!