Around here, Sunday morning breakfast just wouldn’t be the same without biscuits! These Keto Drop Biscuits are perfection! Light and fluffy on the inside and crisp, buttery and golden brown on the outside, this easy keto biscuit recipe is one you need in your keto recipe arsenal! Great for making a quick breakfast sandwich on the go or to enjoy on a slow Sunday morning with coffee and jam…either way delish!
It’s safe to say that biscuits are a southern staple and a definite favorite here on the Ranch. I make dozens of buttermilk biscuits a week for guests! Meanwhile, I have been experimenting with keto biscuit recipes for about a year and finally came up with a recipe that I am super happy with! Its been tested time and again and its finally ready for its big reveal!
Drop or Rolled Biscuits?
Growing up there were mainly two types of biscuits coming out of our kitchen, drop biscuits and rolled. There are more variations, but these were the two main staple in our house! The rolled biscuits carefully mixed, gently patted out, cut with a cutter and baked. Out of the oven, they were tall and fluffy and typically slathered with melted butter.
The drop biscuits weren’t as fussy, the dough is a little wetter, mixed in one bowl, plopped on a sheet pan and baked. This resulted in a biscuit with crispy, crusty exterior that bakes up a little flatter and with a coarser texture than rolled, perfect for gravy, dipping in sauce or even strawberry shortcake! This keto biscuit is similar to a drop biscuit!
This Keto Biscuit recipe has an amazing crisp top and bottom and them middle is perfect fluffy and flavorful. Made in one bowl this no fuss biscuit doesn’t even require any cutting of butter into the flour…everything in the bowl and into the oven.
Making Dairy Free Keto Biscuits
This keto biscuit recipe can easily be made dairy free! My original version of these drop biscuits contains butter and sour cream. The sour cream acts like buttermilk would in a traditional recipe, and helps create a light texture! These biscuits can be made dairy free by using ghee in place of the butter and omitting the sour cream and using a touch more unsweetened almond milk in the dough. Both versions are super quick, easy and equally delicious!
These keto biscuits can easily be made into any size that suits you! I use a scoop to evenly scoop the dough out onto the sheet. You can use one, two or three scoops, depending on how bog you want your biscuits. I think two scoops is perfect but if your looking for a jumbo biscuit for a breakfast sandwich, three scoops is your number!
If you have been missing out on biscuits with your keto breakfast, these tender biscuits are a must try! This Keto Biscuit recipe uses ingredients you more than likely’ already have in your keto kitchen, everything is mixed in one bowl and scooped onto a sheet to bake…biscuits in minutes with no fuss!
Looking for more keto breakfast ideas? Check these out:
- Dairy Free Pecan Keto Shake
- Keto Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Double Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins
- Green Chili & Sausage Egg Muffins
Easy Keto Biscuit Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together all dry ingredients including sweetener. Add the eggs and sour cream and stir well to combine. Pour in the melted butter and stir until full incorporated.
- For large biscuits: Drop about ¼ cup (3 Tbsp) of dough on the parchment lined sheet pan…you should get about 6-8 biscuits. Roll each into a ball and flatten till about an ¾ inch thick. (I used a large scoop for this…formed each into a round and flattened to about ¾ inch thick.) For medium biscuits: Drop dough using a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon). You want to use 2 scoops full and place one scoop of dough on top of the other so you have some height…this will make a taller biscuit. Once all scooped, flatten the tops slightly, till the dough is between 1″ and 1/2″ thick. You should get about 9 biscuits.Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm!