Whole Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Pimento Cheese Butter is a keto side dish that dresses up cauliflower to impress!! A gorgeous and flavorful way to serve cauliflower that will convert even your toughest critic! If your searching for a new keto side dish for your meal rotation…just stop right here. Cauliflower has never looked so good!
Oh cauliflower…the potato of the keto world! Am I right? You can do just about anything to it and it’s freaking delish! Roasted, baked, grilled, steamed, it’s a great choice when going keto! Even the girls love it!
My theory is roasted or baked cauliflower is a great vehicle for sauces and toppings. I mean let’s face it, cauliflower is pretty bland on its own. After seeing how everyone loves the Mexican Street Style Grilled Cauliflower, I’ve been on a mission to create more over the top delicious keto cauliflower recipes! Let me tell you, this Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Pimento Cheese Butter is TO DIE FOR…and so easy!
I love using cauliflower whole just for ease of preparation….I mean it’s so simple! Cut the stem and leaves off, season it up and into the pan it goes. It does take some time to cook whole but it’s all hand off time in the oven! Oven roasting or baking whole cauliflower or even the florets is my favorite cooking method because of the caramelization. Yes, I know…I’ve said it before but when cauliflower begins to caramelize and turn golden brown it’s transformed from drab to fabulous!!
Pimento Cheese Butter for Oven Roasted Cauliflower
I have a serious love of pimento cheese…I mean come on…I’m a Southern girl! So when I was contemplating toppings for this whole roasted cauliflower, pimento cheese was on top of my list! One of my most popular sandwiches at the restaurant used to be a grilled pimento cheese. Simple, yes…but heating pimento cheese creates a whole new flavor experience. Gooey, cheesy, creamy and super flavorful…like drool worthy! So what could be better than melt-y pimento cheese all over a whole head of roasted cauliflower….absolutely nothing!
Do you love pimento cheese? Check out some of my favorite pimento cheese recipes! Perfect for dipping veggies or keto crackers
Preparing the Pimento Cheese Butter could not be easier. A little softened butter mixed together with some diced pimento, medium cheddar, a little of your favorite mayo and some garlic and pepper. If you looking for a mayo with great ingredients you can check out Primal Kitchen’s Avocado Mayo! By the way their unsweetened ketchup is a pantry staple in our house as well!! But back to the pimento cheese butter…prepare for deliciousness! This is not your store bought pimento cheese!
After the whole head of cauliflower hangs out in the oven covered for about 50 minutes, remove the foil and smear on the room temperature pimento cheese butter. This recipe makes enough butter for two heads of cauliflower or you can use half and save the other half of the butter for later. It keeps great in the fridge or freezer!
Don’t let the simplicity of this dish fool you! Whole Roasted Keto Cauliflower with Pimento Cheese Butter is a simple and easy side dish that will knock your socks off! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Pimento Cheese Butter
- 1 large head of cauliflower washed with leaves and stem trimmed
- 6 Tbsp. butter softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 4 oz. jar diced pimentos drained
- ½ cup shredded medium cheddar or Colby cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Olive oil salt, pepper & garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the trimmed cauliflower head in a ceramic baking dish. Brush with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cover tightly with foil and bake in preheated oven until fork tender, about 50 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the first 6 ingredients and stir to fully incorporate. If using immediately, leave at room temperature.
- Remove the cauliflower from oven and remove foil. Spread about ½ of the prepared Pimento Cheese Butter (or more if desireover the cauliflower and return to the oven. Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. If desired transfer to serving platter and serve warm.