Around here, we are crazy for jalapeno poppers! You know, the jalapeno stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon…the Cowboy’s version is killer! Imagine for a moment that these spicy, bacon wrapped beauties had a baby with say…pimento cheese!? The result? Something insanely delicious…Jalapeno Popper Pimento Cheese!
One of the first recipes I ever posted was for Jalapeno Pimento Cheese. My love for pimento cheese goes a long way back to when I used beg my mom to by the container if the orange stuff in the store! I was crazy for the stuff! It wasn’t until years later, when I worked in my mom’s restaurant that I came to realize how simple real pimento cheese is to make or how amazing the real stuff is!
When I opened my restaurant, I put my own spin on the classic and people went nuts for it! Jalapeno Popper Pimento Cheese is a little different that the original with the addition of cream cheese to help bring home that jalapeno popper flavor. Studded with spicy roasted jalapenos, garlic and chunks of crispy bacon, this pimento cheese is on a whole new level of deliciousness!
The trick with jalapenos is you really never know how spicy they are unless you taste them. For this recipe I roasted off three whole jalapenos, but only used two for the recipe and really I could have lived with one….that one was a fire ball! Before you go mixing all the jalapenos in and create hell fire in your mouth, after the jalapenos cool from the oven and you’re cleaning them…take a taste of one or simply lick your finger to sample the heat level. Then you can mix in enough to get the heat you want!
My favorite way to eat Jalapeno Popper Pimento Cheese…or any pimento cheese is on cucumber slices or celery sticks. With the spicy, creamy cheese, the cool crunch of the cucumber or celery is so good! If you are looking for a low carb or keto game day snack, this is it! Great for weekly meal prep, it is a great addition to any low carb or keto lunch! You will be the envy of the lunch room!
Craving a killer burger? Try this Jalapeno Popper Pimento Cheese as a topping…AMAZING!
Jalapeno Popper Pimento Cheese takes just a few minutes to through together and is just insanely delicious. Sharp cheddar, creamy Monterrey Jack and cool creamy cheese mixed with spicy jalapenos, roasted garlic and crispy bacon…as Paige would say “it’s like heaven in your mouth”!
Are you a pimento cheese lover like me? Check out my Jalapeno Pimento Cheese!
Jalapeno Popper Pimento Cheese
- 2-3 whole jalapenos
- 3 - 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup crispy bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. diced pimento
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz,. sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder granulated
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup mayonaise your favorite
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place jalapenos and garlic cloves on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Drizzle jalapenos and garlic cloves with olive oil or bacon grease and roast till jalapenos start to blister and char and garlic is golden brown. Removed from oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, peel and remove seeds from the jalapenos, chop them up and set aside. Be sure to check the heat level of you jalapeno..you may no need all three. Finely chop the garlic cloves and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded cheeses, cream cheese, jalapeno, pimento, bacon, mayo and seasonings. Mix with hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. The pimento cheese will stiffen up as it cools and everything absorbs. Add a little more mayo as needed to reach desired consistency for serving. Store in the fridge in a covered container.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.