This easy recipe for keto grilled chicken quarters is brought to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
Keto friendly Lemon Grilled Chicken Quarters is one of our favorite chicken leg quarter recipes…so simple and so delish!! Marinated and grilled chicken leg quarters… juicy, full of lemon and garlic flavor and so easy! Perfect for a summer Sunday dinner or entertaining a crowd! Paired with a cool side and an iced beverage and you have dinnertime made in the shade!
Even though the temperatures are sweltering hot out, we are still grilling and barbecuing! I’d much rather light up the BBQ pit or grill and throw on some chicken and pair it with a cool side, than heat up my whole kitchen for a meal! Plus…it’s summer and grilling is one of my absolute favorite things to do in the afternoons despite the 100 degree temps! These Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken Quarters are a great late summer or fall grilling option! They marinate all day and cook in the afternoon with little babysitting.
Lemon & Garlic Marinade for Easy Grilled Chicken
The marinade for this chicken leg quarter recipe is one of my favorites and would be perfect for boneless chicken breasts, thighs, wings or really any cut. I like to use leg quarters for this recipe because they are inexpensive, flavorful and practically fool proof to cook!
The marinade for these grilled chicken quarters starts with ten cloves of garlic…yes ten.
Ten cloves of garlic, fresh lemon juice, salt, some oil, paprika, onion powder and some thyme…easy right?! It all goes into a zip top bag with the chicken and into the fridge for at least 6 hours. I like to do this first thing in the morning then in the afternoon everything is ready to go!
When your ready to cook, the chicken comes out of the marinade, smelling amazing by the way…onto a sheet tray, seasoned with additional salt and lemon pepper to create a flavorful, yummy skin on the grilled chicken quarters and on the grill or smoker they go! Could not be easier! I use the Lemon Pepper from Fiesta Brand Seasonings…it has great lemon flavor with no added MSG or sugar. It’s incredible on everything form chicken or fish to veggies and should be a staple in your spice cabinet!
Ok…before you shake your head and think to yourself that this is an obscene amount of garlic, hear me out. Chicken, especially bone in chicken with the skin on like these chicken quarters, are really resistant to flavor! Have you ever had a chicken where the skin tasted great but there was absolutely no flavor in the meat…yeah well that’s NOT what I’m going for here! Well, a super flavorful marinade is going to help with this problem so hear me out! These grilled chicken quarters will not disappoint!
Cool, Summer Sides to Pair with BBQ Chicken
These grilled chicken quarters are so easy and flavorful, you’ll never want BBQ chicken any other way! Great for entertaining! Leftovers are great packed for lunch or on a big salad!
Keto Lemon & Garlic Grilled Chicken Quarters
- 10 cloves garlic smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup avocado oil
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme crushed
- 4 pounds chicken leg quarters about 4 quarters
- Fiesta Brand Lemon Pepper & Salt
- Garnish: Chopped Parsley & Lemon Wedges
- Combine the first 8 ingredients into a bowl and whisk together to combine. Remove 1/2 cup of the marinade for basting and set aside for later. Divide the chicken into 2 ziptop bags and pour ½ of the remaining marinade into each bag. Remove the air from the bags and mix to coat the chicken with the marinade. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours turning the bags 2-3 times while marinating.
- Preheat the grill to about 325 degrees. Remove the chicken from the bag and place on a sheet pan; discard the marinade. Season the chicken lightly with Lemon Pepper and salt. Grill, covered skin side up for 20-25 minutes. Turn chicken and grill for an additional 20-25 minutes or until done, basting the chicken often with the reserved marinade. Place chicken on serving platter, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.