Keto Lemon Loaf Cake is so easy to make and loaded with bright lemon flavor! Perfect for slicing and packing in lunchboxes, for a snack or a refreshing evening treat, this low carb, gluten free lemon cake is a family favorite!
We’re down to the last few days of summer and around here we are begging for cooler temps! These hundred-degree days have really taken a toll and cooler fall temps will bring much needed relief for us and all the animals! We’ve been grilling a ton lately despite the sweltering heat just because the cleanup is so easy, and we’ve been crazy busy!
This Keto Lemon Loaf is great to have on hand to slice up after a quick meal. Throw on a few berries and some fresh whipped cream or coconut cream and you have the perfect ending to a hot summer day!
Keto Lemon Loaf Cake also travels well and would be a great addition to a lunchbox! Add this quick cake to you meal prep plan and in less than ten minutes you can have this low carb cake in the oven. Slice it up and pack it in the kids lunchboxes…so simple! It’s a treat they’ll love, and you’ll feel good about them enjoying!
Making Keto Lemon Cake
This low carb and keto loaf cake is make with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour for the best texture! It’s also loaded with lemon flavor thanks fresh lemon zest…and quite a bit of it! I used two gorgeous large lemons washed them up and used my handy micro-plane to zest the lemons.
Pro-Tip: Zesting Lemons
When zesting your lemons make sure not to go down to the white pith of the lemon, this will make your cake super bitter! You only want the very outside of the lemon when zesting! I like to turn the lemon as I zest it to make sure I’m not staying in one spot too long! Bonus…it smells amazing!
This Keto Lemon Loaf recipe uses the creaming method to prepare the batter. Combine the dry ingredients, cream together the butter, sweetener and a little cream cheese for an extra zing! Add the eggs, then the dry ingredients….so easy! Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature for easy mixing….even the eggs!
This method results in a keto loaf cake that has great texture and is perfectly moist and lemony! Served up with some fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream and you have one impressive dessert that the whole family will love! Trust me here…this Keto Lemon Loaf is amazing…and kid and Cowboy approved!
Checkout these other yummy keto recipes!!
- Double Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Chai Keto Pumpkin Bread
- Keto Sour Cream Pound Cake
Keto Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener or equivalent sweetener of choice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Set aside,
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with sweetener until smooth and fluffy. Add cream cheese, mixing well making sure there are no lumps.
- Add eggs to butter mixture one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and zest.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and eggs mixture. Mix well until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Start checking for doneness after 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 25 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.
2 thoughts on “Keto Lemon Loaf Cake”
A new go-to for me! It’s got it all – light, great texture and flavor; a perfect base for berries, too. Thanks so much for sharing!
So glad you like it!