Quick breads or loaves have always been a staple in our house over the holidays, so I knew when Maddie said she was craving some zucchini bread, it was time to create a keto and low carb version! This keto zucchini bread is amazing…great texture and flavor and smeared with some softened butter…now that’s my idea of heaven!
My two favorite seasonal or holiday treats are cookies and quick bread. Banana pumpkin, zucchini , nut bread, cranberry orange loaf…well you get the drift, I want them all! Ive never met a quick bread I didn’t like!! I created a totally yummy pumpkin bread a few weeks ago and its now time for zucchini bread! Luckily we had one large zucchini that needed to be used and we were off to create!
The whipping of the eggs for this recipe is important because it helps with the texture and rise of the bread…so don’t skimp! I use my stand mixer, turn it on and let it go for at least 5 minutes on high or until the eggs triple in volume. Use that time to grate your zucchini and you will be set. Through everything else into the eggs mix and your ready for the oven!
We topped our zucchini bread with pecans because we love the taste of the bread when they get all toasted on top…be feel free to mix them in. This loaf bakes for about 45 minutes. Keep an eye out for any dark browning and cover with foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking if it gets too dark!
This low carb zucchini bread is super easy to make and it’s soooo good…so good that the Cowboy gave it a 10! Yep…and he’s not even low carb or keto! If you’re low carb or keto this bread is a must try!
Slightly sweet with a hint of cinnamon and toasted pecans this low carb zucchini bread may just become you new favorite treat! Take a piece, smear it with softened butter, sit back with a hot cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the moment!
Bake it in smaller loaves, wrap them up and give them to your keto or low carb friends! It’s the perfect keto gift!
Check out this Chai Spiced Pumpkin Bread!
Have you heard about my cooking classes?! Online Keto/Low Carb Classes coming to you live from my kitchen! Find out more here!
Low Carb Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 8-9" loaf pan and line with parchment.
- Using a stand mixer and a whisk attachment, whip eggs until light, foamy triple in volume. This can also be done with a handheld mixer but use a large bowl to prevent splatter!
- If using a stand mixer, switch to paddle attachment. Add almond and coconut flours, salt, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, zucchini, and cinnamon to eggs and mix on medium speed till combined, scraping down sides at least once. Add sour cream, melted butter, and extract to the batter and mix again till combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the top of the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until a tester comes out clean. Half way through baking and cover loosely with foil to prevent over browning! If you use a 9" pan the baking time will be slightly shorter, so keep an eye on it starting at 30 minutes!
- Cool in the pan. Using the parchment lift the loaf out of the pan and slice! Enjoy with a cup of coffee! This bread should be wrapped and stored in the fridge or it can be frozen whole or in slices.