Well, the weather is cooling off finally and we are so close to Fall I can taste it! Quite literally in fact! Like so many others around this time of year, I’ve enthusiastically jumped on the pumpkin train! Yep. I am one of those people that goes ape for pumpkin this time of year! And my all-time favorite pumpkin treat is pumpkin bread! Good news, this Chai Spiced Keto Pumpkin Bread has amazing, spiced pumpkin flavor with no grains, gluten or sugar so it’s low carb and keto friendly!
My love of pumpkin goes way back! When I was younger I remember my grandma baking pumpkin bread in coffee cans to give to her friends and neighbors, one taste and I was hooked! It’s definitely one of my fondest food memories. We continued the tradition growing up, making huge batches of pumpkin bread for the holidays for friends and family. I remember I used to add just a little more pumpkin than the recipe called for because I liked the bread extra moist and really packed with pumpkin flavor! I also remember there was a ton of sugar in that recipe!
This keto pumpkin bread uses a combination of coconut and almond flour with just the right amount of eggs to ensure a great texture! What really sets off the pumpkin flavor here is the spice mixture…ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, cloves and black pepper…takes pumpkin to a whole new level!
I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener is this recipe… I love the flavor it lends to the pumpkin…it’s kind of a brown sugar vibe. Feel free to use any sweetener you like that is 1:1 for sugar. I highly recommend Lakanto sweeteners because they don’t have any weird or bitter aftertaste like so many others I’ve tried!
Ya’ll…I don’t think I have ever been more excited about a recipe…this Chai Spiced Keto Pumpkin Bread is absolutely killer!! It reminds me of the pumpkin loaf at Starbucks but it’s so much better!! It’s moist, full of Fall spice and pumpkin flavor… this pumpkin bread is a game changer! Only 5 net carbs per serving…not bad for nice thick slice! Honestly its so filling 1/2 of a thick slice is good for me…then you can stretch loaf for a few more servings! You know it’s good when the Cowboy and kids go back time and again for another taste!
If you’re a pumpkin lover, this bread is for you! Are you a pumpkin lover? What’s your favorite way to get your pumpkin fix?
Chai Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup + 1. Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 11/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 5 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds optional
- 1 Tbsp. sliced almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 8-9" loaf pan and line with parchment.
- Using a stand mixer and a whisk attachment, whip eggs until light, foamy triple in volume. This can also be done with a handheld mixer but use a large bowl to prevent splatter!
- If using a stand mixer, switch to paddle attachment. Add almond and coconut flours, salt, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin, and spices to eggs and mix on medium speed till combined, scraping down sides at least once. Add sour cream, melted butter, and extract to the batter and mix again till combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. If desired, sprinkle almonds and sunflower seeds evenly over the top of the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until a tester comes out clean. Half way through baking and cover loosely with foil to prevent over browning! If you use a 9" pan the baking time will be slightly shorter, so keep an eye on it starting at 30 minutes!
- Cool in the pan. Using the parchment lift the loaf out of the pan and slice! Enjoy with a cup of coffee! This bread should be wrapped and stored in the fridge or it can be frozen whole or in slices.