This recipe for Easy Italian Green Beans is brought to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
Easy Italian Green Beans are a favorite low carb and keto friendly side here on the Ranch! Perfect served with anything from grilled steak or BBQ chicken to lasagna, these tasty green beans are great for entertaining a crowd or for a quite Sunday dinner!
Green beans are a veggie that everyone in our house can get behind and one I make quite often for Ranch guests. When we have hunters here on the Ranch, I try to keep the dinner veggies simple. Most of the time we entertain “meat & potatoes” guys and green beans are a safe bet when it comes to serving a veggie that everyone likes.
Green beans can be pretty mundane, but with a few simple additions a bag of frozen green beans can go from drab to fab!
Fresh or Frozen?
I prefer to use frozen cut green beans to keep things quick and easy but you could also use fresh beans. Fresh beans should be trimmed, stringed and also blanched before use. Blanching fresh green beans will help keep the bright green color and preserve the texture.
Ingredients for Italian Green Beans
In classic Southern style, these green beans get a lot of flavor from bacon…I mean let’s face it green beans and bacon are a match made in heaven! Butter or bacon drippings will work to cook the onions.
In addition to the bacon and onions, a can of diced tomatoes goes into the pan and is seasoned up with Fiesta Brand Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and my favorite Italian seasoning, Gourmet Italian Choice. This Italian seasoning is full of herbs, garlic, onion and a little crushed red pepper that adds the perfect amount of heat to these green beans.
These Easy Italian Green Beans take just minutes to prepare and get rave reviews when I serve them up to hungry Ranch guests, often people declaring them the best green beans they’ve ever had! Great for entertaining or a quick weeknight meal these green beans will soon be a family favorite!
Looking for more keto friendly sides like these Easy Italian Green Beans? Check these out!
- Keto Mexican Street Cauliflower Salad
- Cheesy Green Chile Cauliflower Casserole
- Keto Zucchini Gratin with Poblanos
- Tex-Mex Tomato Carpaccio
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts
Italian Green Beans
- 4 Tbsp. butter or bacon drippings or a combination of
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 lbs. frozen cut green beans
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Fiesta Brand Gourmet Italian Choice Seasoning or your favorite Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crispy
- In a large skillet, heat butter or bacon drippings over medium heat; add the onions to the skillet and saute till transluscent. Add the green beans, tomatoes, stock or water, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt and stir to combine. Cook over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often, or until the green beans are tender. Stir in the chopped bacon and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.