If I had to name on thing I miss the most on a low carb or Keto diet I would hands down have to say…cereal! I have always loved a bowl of cereal…for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! And my favorite…isn’t it obvious…GRANOLA!! Well, it is so hard to find a low carb cereal or granola that actually tastes good and when you do, it can be so pricey! So Maddie and I came up with this Coconut Pecan Low Carb Granola! It‘s everything a great granola should be… crunchy, nutty, toasty, slightly sweet…so incredibly yummy!
Granola has long been my favorite cereal. I have always loved cereal but when I was about Maddie’s age, 12, Mom #2 was on a granola kick. I remember the box always in the pantry, but it was one cereal that I wasn’t allowed to touch…it was too expensive! I have to admit the box was small and I would most likely fill my bowl to the brim at the first opportunity. The fact is that that granola on the shelf is chock full of not so healthy ingredients…sugar, corn syrup, canola oil, flour, sugar syrup…terrible for a cereal that is supposed to be a health food!! Not to mention thatone serving will often give you 35g or more of carbs!! Well, Maddie and I had to find a better way to get our granola/cereal fix…so enter Coconut Pecan Low Carb Granola.
As you know the base of most granola is oats. Well, oats are not low carb or keto so we took our favorite nuts and seeds like pecans, almonds, chia and flax and combined them with coconut to make one incredible, crunchy, satisfying granola! Maddie likes to sprinkle this over her berries and whipped cream for a dessert or breakfast or she sometimes just eats a small scoop with almond milk to get her cereal fix! It is also great as a crunchy topping on just about anything…low carb ice cream, pancakes, waffles, keto mousse, or just as a snack by itself!
All the ingredients are blended slightly in the food processor to help ensure you have granola clusters in your final product. We use two different sweeteners in this recipe Lakanto Gold to get a brown sugar taste and our favorite Pyure for overall sweetness. Feel free to substitute your favorite sweetener!
Coconut Pecan Low Carb Granola is packed with good for you pecans, almonds, seeds and tons of coconutty goodness without all the sugar, questionable oils or oats in traditional granola. This recipe yields about 3 cups of granola so with a generous 1/3 cup serving you get 213 calories, 20.3g fat, 5.6g total carbs, 3.6g fiber, 2g net carbs and 5g protein!
Coconut Pecan Low Carb / Keto Granola
Coconut Pecan Low Carb Granola is packed with good for you pecans, almonds, seeds and tons of coconutty goodness without all the sugar, questionable oils or grains in traditional granola. Great with a splash of almond milk to curb your cereal craving or as a crunchy topping on just about anything…low carb ice cream, pancakes, waffles, keto mousse, or just as a snack by itself!
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 T Pyure Organic Stevia Blend
- ½ T Lakanto Gold
- 2 T golden flax meal
- ¼ t salt
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment and set aside. In a large measuring cup combine coconut oil, sweeteners, and salt and stir till combined. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade combine pecans, sunflower seeds and chia. Pulse a few times to break up pecans. Add almonds, coconut, and flax to the processor. Add the beaten egg whites, vanilla and the coconut oil mixture and pulse about 10 times until ingredients are combined and until desired texture is reached. If you want it more chunky, pulse less.
- Step 2 Pour mixture out on the line sheet and toss to ensure everything is coated thoroughly. Press down the mixture onto the sheet pan…this will help make clusters!
- Step 3 Bake the granola at 250 degrees for about 35-45 minutes watching it closely so it does not burn. Remove from oven and let it cool completely on the sheet pan. When cool, package up in an air tight container and enjoy!
6 thoughts on “Coconut Pecan Low Carb / Keto Granola”
Hi can you provide nutritional content. Looks delicious,
There are about 9 servings in this recipe, a serving size would be about 1/3 cup. The nutrition information is: 222 Calories, 21.1g fat, 6.1g carbs, 4g fiber, 5.3g protein. So right at 2 net carbs per serving! Hope this helps!
Ingredient list states vanilla, I don’t see where it is added…i added to the whipped egg whites.
Janet – Sorry about that, I will go edit that! Thanks so much for letting me know…so glad you enjoyed!
At the beginning of this recipe you say to put the oven on 250 and at the end 225 is this correct ?
I tried cooking it on 225 but it was taking forever so I put it back in at 250 🤷🏻♀️
Thanks for letting me know. 250 is fine and it will take a long time…slow and low so the don’t nuts don’t burn.