This Keto Rice Pudding recipes is brought to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
When I think of comfort food desserts, one of the first things that pops into my mind is rice pudding. Well, I thought for years this childhood treat was completely out of the keto realm of possibilities, but boy was I wrong. This Keto Rice Pudding is incredibly creamy and delicious…and dairy free. Made with cauliflower rice, this comfort food dessert is finally keto friendly and low carb!
I’m going to be really honest here. I know folks have been using cauliflower in sweet dessert recipes for awhile but I had formerly completely rejected the idea. I could not fathom the idea of eating cauliflower as a dessert. Ironically, I already use savory foods like pork rinds in recipes like my Keto Puppy Chow and Keto Cinnamon Crunch cereal but the idea of cauliflower was just not appealing…until….
I had a craving for rice Pudding and was determined to come up with something absolutely delish and on plan!
Now that I think about it cauliflower rice is the perfect rice substitute in this Keto Rice Pudding. Cauliflower is fairly flavorless, I mean this IS the reason you find it so much in keto recipes, right? Well, trust me here. In this recipe, the cauliflower just fades off into the background and provides just the right texture for this keto dessert.
Make sure your cauliflower rice is fairly dry before adding it to the saucepan!
The best part of this keto dessert for me is it’s also dairy free!
Made with full fat coconut milk and almond milk, this pudding is full of flavor and healthy fats! The keto rice pudding sweetened and spiced up with some Fiesta Brand Cinnamon and cardamom…this combo compliments the sweetness of the pudding and the natural sweetness of the cauliflower so well. The combo is so good I found myself sipping it by the spoonful right of it out of the saucepan!
The keto rice pudding is thickened with egg yolks. This step is crucial to ensure your pudding thickens. You want to cook the coconut milk and egg mixture until it reaches about 180 degrees, stirring constantly. When thickened, the mixture should coat the back of a spoon like above.
Then the mixture gets poured into dishes and gets chilled for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight. The results is nothing short of fantastic, creamy, dreamy, healthy rice pudding!
This keto Rice Pudding would also make a fantastic breakfast!
This comforting Keto Rice Pudding is so simple to make and is the perfect ending or beginning to any meal. Rich and creamy with hints of vanilla and spiced up with cinnamon, this is a keto dessert that will just put a smile on your face! Kid & Cowboy Approved!
Keto Rice Pudding – Dairy Free
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup Allulose Blend Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, steamed, cooled and pressed dry
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut mil, almond milk, sweetener, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, cauliflower rice and egg yolks. Gently heat the mixtur, stirring constanly over medium low heat. Continue to cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly, till the mixture thickens and reaches 170-180 degrees. Do not let the mixture boil. The mixture should coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla and pour into 4 serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill till set, about 4 hours. Store covered for up to 3 days.