This Cinnamon Crunch keto or low carb cereal is life changing…no joke. Pay no attention to the use of pork rinds, they are completely transformed with a crunchy, caramel-y glaze of sweetener, cinnamon and butter. Perfect for a sweet snack or treat or completely amazing with almond milk as a keto cereal! Game changer!
Yep, you heard me right…these cinnamon nuggets with a little unsweetened almond milk are pure, tear inducing heaven…take my word for it. Do you long for a bowl of cold cereal on keto? Well, think Keto Cinnamon Toast Crunch…one bite and this low carb cereal literally brought to tears…this is a must try!
One of my favorite things growing up was my moms cinnamon toast. This was no ordinary toast from a toaster. A thick layer of butter spread onto the bread and coated thick with cinnamon sugar, then broiled for a crunchy, caramelized finish…it’s the ultimate! I grew up eating this treat and now my mom makes it for my girls…it’s tradition…but so not keto. On occasion, I make the cinnamon toast for Paige but that leaves Maddie and I smelling all of the toasty, cinnamon-y goodness and dreaming of face planting into a pan of toast…no good. Cinnamon Crunch Keto Cereal to the rescue!
I had to come up with a keto something that satisfied this need for buttery cinnamon toast so I looked to one of my favorite ingredients for help…pork rinds.
I have gotten pretty good at using pork rinds as a vehicle for sweet and savory. They are pretty much a blank canvas as far as flavor but lend amazing crunch and a slightly salty flare to snacks which is perfect for this Cinnamon Crunch Keto Cereal! After the pork rinds are coated in butter sweetener and cinnamon they are quickly baked in the oven to create a crunchy caramelized coating. Buenelos, cinnamon twists, churros, cinnamon toast or cinnamon toast crunch…what ever your cinnamon craving, these babies will satisfy it!
Cinnamon Crunch Keto Cereal has 4 ingredients and takes just minutes to put together! Perfect as a snack, occasional treat with no milk or add almond milk for an amazing low carb cereal..this treat is a complete game changer for us. After removing the sugar alcohols from the sweetener, this keto friendly snack or low carb cereal had zero carbs! Yep you heard me! Now that’s enough to bring a tear to my eye!
Check out these other pork rind creations!
Cinnamon Crunch Keto Cereal
- 2 oz. pork rinds, broken into pieces
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Peheat oven to 350 degrees and link a sheet pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, toss the pork rind pieces with the melted butter stirring to coast evenly. Then sprinkle 1/2 the cinnamon mixture on to the pork rinds and toss to coat. Sprinkle 1/2 of the remaining cinnamon mixture on the pork rinds and continue to toss to coat.
- Spread the coated pork rinds onto the prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon/sweetener mixture onto the pork rinds, covering the areas that don’t have much coverage.
- Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes , stirring half way through the cooking time. Keep a close eye on them because they will burn! Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto paper towels to cool completely. Store at room temperature in a zip top bag or sealed container. These can be enjoyed as a snack or as a keto cereal!
- Optional to serve as cereal: Break up cooled cinnamon crunch into a small bowl and serve with unsweetened almond milk!