Keto / Low Carb Pecan Toffee Crunch…yep, you heard me right! If there is one thing I have a hard time resisting it’s buttery, crunchy toffee. Do not judge. I know what you’re thinking…a sweet pork rind…YES!! When you take an inconspicuous pork rind and coat it in sugar free toffee and pecans, you have a crunchy snack that is somewhere between toffee popcorn and these amazing candied corn nuggets that I used to go crazy over….in one word AMAZING! If you are a toffee lover like me…prepare yourself!
Pork rinds are my new obsession or at least inspiration! You should see the looks I get when I buy them by the case, but they are great for a crunchy, salty low carb snack…or even sometimes a making sweet one!! Guys, if you are counting the pork rind as something that can only be savory…you are missing out! Yes… they are savory, but they are pretty much neutral in the flavor department. They have a little bit of salty taste that just matches perfectly with sweet!
After creating my irresistible Low Carb Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow with pork rinds…I realized the possibilities are pretty much endless. I began dreaming about all the crunchy, sweet coated treats I loved in the past and one of the first things that came to mind was toffee crunch popcorn and these little toffee coated corn nuggets that we used to snack on when the Cowboy and the girls and I were on a road trip. The texture of the pork rind really reminded me of the crunch and texture of the corn nugget…so off the kitchen I went to create a low carb / keto version to satisfy my obsession with buttery toffee! These beauties were the result…Keto / Low Carb Pecan Toffee Crunch!
For the toffee, I used Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener. It’s difficult to find in stores but you can order it here. It really adds great caramel notes to the toffee and has no weird aftertaste…it’s definitely a keto / low carb kitchen staple! After subtracting the sugar alcohol, there is only .1g of carbs per serving!
Pecan Toffee Crunch is a low carb /keto treat that will blow your ever-loving mind! Sweet, buttery, caramel-ly, sugar free toffee, paired with the richness of the pecans and the perfect crunch of the pork rind is so good you won’t believe your biting into a pork rind…I promise. They stay perfectly crunchy for days, so they are great to pack up in smaller servings to put in a lunchbox or for traveling. Movie night, poolside snack, lunchbox treat…the possibilities are endless and incredibly delicious!
Low Carb / Keto Pecan Toffee Crunch
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- Pinch Himalayan or sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 cups pork rind pieces
- Line a sheet pan with parchment and set aside. Place pork rind pieces in a medium bowl and aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sweetener and butter and melt over medium heat. Bring to boil stirring constantly. Turn heat down to medium low and continue to boil for about 5 minutes. Add the pecans to the butter mixture and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes or until you can smell the toasty pecans. Remove the butter mixture from the heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour or spoon half of the butter mixture over the pork rinds and toss to coat. Repeat with the remaining butter mixture. Pour the pork rinds onto the prepared pan and let cool, you can also place them in the fridge to harden. Store at room temperature in a sealed container and enjoy!