Well, after a few days of rain the temperature has finally cooled off out here and it feels like Fall is right around the corner! That means one thing…pumpkin season is here! Fall is my favorite time of year, not only because of the cooler weather but it’s also time for comfort food and anything with pumpkin is at the top of my list! These keto Pumpkin Pancakes are perfect for cool, Fall weather and are sure to satisfy your pumpkin and pancake cravings!
After creating my keto Chai Spiced Pumpkin Bread, the next thing on my Fall list was keto Pumpkin Pancakes. Maddie, like me, is a huge fan of pumpkin and loves my other low carb and keto friendly pancakes so I decided to modify our favorite keto dairy free pancake recipe into a pumpkin version perfect for Fall! This recipe uses almond butter, eggs, and zucchini as a base to the batter making the pancakes grain free, dairy free and gluten free!
Zucchini doesn’t have a strong flavor so its the perfect veggie to sneak into these keto pumpkin pancakes. The kids will never know its there!
Using a high speed blender like a Vitamix, will make quick work of of this batter. Although I’ve not tried another type of blender, if you can make a green smoothie in it, you can use it for this batter! Also, be sure your almond butter doesn’t have any added sugar to keep this as low carb as possible!
These keto Pumpkin Pancakes are perfect for weekday meal prep or for a quick weekend breakfast! The batter is made in the blender so it’s a snap to through together. We typically make a double batch and keep them in the fridge for the girls to heat up for a yummy breakfast on school days!
Spiced up with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice, these gluten free, dairy free, keto Pumpkin Pancakes are sure to tame your pumpkin spice cravings…served up with butter, sugar free syrup or even some melted almond butter…DELISH!
Keto Pumpkin Pancakes – Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini, heaping
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. Pyure Organic Stevia Blend
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8. tsp. allspice
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Coconut Oil Spray or Your Favorite Nonstick Spray
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and silky.Spray griddle pan and preheat a griddle pan over medium heat. Pour batter onto the griddle pan about 1/4 cup at a time. You can make them smaller or larger, but keep in mind the larger they are the harder they are to flip! Cook the pancake slowly over medium low heat until bubbles form on the batter and begin to burst about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip the pancake over with a spatula and continue to cook for about a minute.Repeat till all the batter is used. Serve up with butter, sugar free syrup, melted almond butter or any other topping you like! Store cooked pancakes in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.