For me, cheesecake is something that screams “holidays”. This low carb Orange Cranberry Cheesecake recipe is a festive holiday spin on the traditional cheesecake. Bursting with amazing orange flavor and topped with tart cranberry compote, these tiny cheesecakes are packed with a ton of holiday flavor and are bound to delight any holiday guest!
When I was growing up, I was always excited to go to my grandparents house from Christmas Eve. They always prepared an amazing, decadent feast… the blossoming foodie in me was in heaven! We would always have prime rib or beef tenderloin, yummy sides and to top it all off…cheesecake! Creamy, smooth and rich, it was by far my favorite Christmas dessert! We never topped it with anything…just ate it in all its amazing glory…straight up!
Cheesecake for Christmas, for me, is a must! I decided that I wanted something a little more dressed up for this Christmas and I have always loved the holiday combination of orange and cranberry…colorful, bright and festive! So, I put a little holiday twist on the classic cheesecake with this low carb Orange Cranberry Cheesecake and made them mini for easy portion control!
Luckily, cheesecake itself is easy to make keto and low carb friendly with a few simple modifications! First the crust! We replaced the traditional graham cracker crust with an almond flour crust. The flavor of almond is a great compliment to the orange…WIN! To sweeten the filling, I used some of my favorite monkfruit sweetener and added some orange zest to flavor the filing…super simple!
One of the great things about cheesecake is it’s always better if it’s made ahead of time, so it’s perfect for a holiday gathering! You can bake the cheesecakes ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until time to serve or travel! The cranberry compote can also be made in advance…and it can even be frozen if you really wanted to get ahead of the game!
Low Carb Orange Cranberry Cheesecake is the way to go this Holiday! Simple, easy to make and packed with seasonal flavors, these decadent little desserts will be the star of your holiday table! Better yet, no one will ever know they are keto or low carb, so serve them up and bask in the compliments! Merry Christmas!
Looking for more yummy low carb holiday recipes…check these out!
Mini Orange Cranberry Cheesecake – Low Carb, Keto Friendly, GF
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
- 16 oz. packages cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. fresh orange zest
Prepare the Compote:
- Put all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until cranberries burst and sauce thickens, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Remove peel, pour into serving bowl and refrigerate until time to serve. You can also freeze in a zip top bag or plastic ware. To serve, thaw in the fridge.
Prepare the crusts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the crust and mix till incorporated and crumbly. Place about 1 Tbsp. of the crust mixture into each muffin cup and press it in to the bottom of each cup. Set aside.
Prepare the filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the filling and mix with a hand mixer. Divide the filling between the 12 muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until set. Don’t over bake. Cool at room temperature and store in the fridge until serving.
- Remove wrapper from cooled cheesecake and place on plate. Spoon about 2 Tbsp of cranberry compote over the top of each cheesecake and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.