This delicious Keto Mexican Chocolate Eggnog recipes is brought to you by Fiesta Brand Seasonings!
If you’re looking for a Keto holiday drink that will warm your guests to the core, you can stop your search right here. This Keto Mexican Chocolate Eggnog is the holiday drink you’ll definitely want to serve up at your next holiday party. Rich chocolate eggnog, spiced with cinnamon, chili, nutmeg and a pinch of cayenne, I can’t think of a holiday Keto treat that is more Texas or more delicous!
When I think holiday drinks, the first thing that pops into my mind is eggnog. I always love flavors of eggnog but the store bought stuff is so rich and sweet that a sip was all it took to get my fix for the season! When I found out how easy and delicious it was to make my own eggnog, you could say I was hooked!
While I love the traditional version, I can’t think of anything that isn’t improved with the addition of chocolate, and this Keto Mexican Chocolate Eggnog is divine!
Is keto eggnog easy to make?
Absolutely! Eggnog is a mixture of milk, cream and eggs typically spiced up with nutmeg and spiked with some bourbon or rum. I’ve seen a ton of variation on the preparation method but the base ingredients are the same. For this Chocolate Eggnog, I added cocoa powder to the eggnog base to make for a chocolaty holiday treat!
I like to prepare the base quickly in my blender but an immersion blender or mixer with a whisk attachment will work just fine. You just want to make sure the eggs for this Mexican Chocolate Eggnog are will whipped and combine well into the almond milk/cream base.
To get that spicy, south of the border flare, the chocolate eggnog base gets spiced up with the perfect amount of chili powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. This is not knock your socks off spiciness, but a “warm you gently from the inside out” kind of heat that is perfect for a chilly evening!
Cooking the Keto Chocolate Eggnog
The trick to this eggnog is not letting the egg mixture come to a boil. The egg mixture is slowly heated on medium low heat until it’s 160 -165 degrees and cooled over an ice bath. Once the chocolate eggnog mixture is cooled, the vanilla and bourbon are added and into the fridge it goes!
Finishing up this Mexican Chocolate Eggnog!
At this point the Keto Mexican Chocolate Eggnog needs to be refrigerated for at least 4 hours but can stay in the fridge for up to 24. I’ve seen a lot of eggnog recipes call for whipped egg whites to be folded in to finish off this holiday treat but I prefer whipped cream. You can fold the whipped cream into the chocolate eggnog for a little extra body and richness to the chocolate eggnog or simply topped it off…it’s up to you!
This Keto Mexican Chocolate Eggnog tastes like a Texas holiday! Warm spices, incredible chocolate flavor and a smooth creamy eggnog come together for the ultimate in holiday beverages! Give this yummy drink a try and let me know what you think!!
Check out these other recipes great for the holidays!
- Keto Cranberry Hibiscus Margarita
- Keto Molasses Cookies
- Ultimate Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Pepper Jack Crackers
Keto Mexican Chocolate Eggnog
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Allulose Blend Sweetener or Monkfruit/Erythritol Blend Sweetener
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped to soft peaks
- In a blender combine, the eggs, almond milk, sweetener, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, chili powder and cayenne pepper and blend till smooth. Pour the egg mixture into a saucepan, and heat the mixture slowly over medium low heat stirring constantly for about 7-9 minutes or until the mixture reaches 160 -165 degrees. You do not want the mixture to boil. Remove the mixture from the heat and place the saucepan immediately in a large bowl of ice water. Stir the eggnog 3-4 minutes or until cooled to room temperature. Stir in bourbon and vanilla. Pour into a container, cover and chill for for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve: If you want a thicker more foamy eggnog, fold the whipped cream into the chilled eggnog. If you prefer the consistency of the eggnog after its chilled, simply top it off with whipped cream (see notes). Garnish each cup with grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon. Makes about 3 cups.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.