I am one of those people who goes totally crazy come September for anything and everything pumpkin…and if I am being completely honest I can eat pumpkin treats just about any time of year! These Maple Pecan Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Tartlets are one of my favorite ways to enjoy pumpkin and as an added bonus they are gluten free & keto friendly!!
Pumpkin pie is one of the Cowboys all-time favorite desserts and I have been known to whip one up in the middle of summer. Every few weeks, he seems to be craving a pumpkin pie. His favorite is the traditional crust version but I am always trying to see if I can satisfy his craving with a gluten free and lower carb version…these little babies hit the mark! I love hearing “these are sugar free?” from my kids and the Cowboy…that means one thing…mission accomplished!
Baking with pumpkin offers up a ton of possibilities for flavor combinations, but for this time of year, the combination of maple, pecan and pumpkin just can’t be beat. I love that these little low carb pumpkin pies are portioned for the perfect serving and can be dressed up easily for a platter for a gorgeous addition to your holiday table or individually plated and decorated.
The addition of almond flour to the crust with the pecans reminds me of that “struesel” or crisp topping flavor that I love. When the crusts bake up the nuts start to toast and there’s something magical about toasted pecans! They add an amazing richness and flavor to whatever you pair them with…lucky pumpkin! I have always been in the camp of “the crust is the best part” but I know the Cowboy would disagree! He loves his pumpkin and honestly he can’t even tell these little pumpkin pies are sugar free! Love it!
These Maple Pecan Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Tartlets are the answer to your holiday pumpkin dessert dilemma! Full of spice with rich pecan flavor and a hint of maple, these creamy low carb pumpkin pies can’t be beat. Perfectly portioned out for you and all dolled up with whipped cream and pecans, they make for on gorgeous plate of dessert!
Maple Pecan Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Tartlets
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of clove
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 Tbsp. Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon maple extract
- Toasted Pecans & Whipped Cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or grease well with coconut oil. You are not using liners so make sure everything is greased up! Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for crust except butter into a food processor and pulse until pecans are fine and combined. Add butter and pulse a few times until the crust started lumping together. Divide crust mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups, about 2 tablespoons per cup. Press the crust mixture firmly into the bottoms of the muffin cups. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crusts are baking, let make the filling! Combine all the ingredients for the filling into a large bowl and whisk till completely combined and smooth. That it!
- Divide filling evenly between the 12 muffin cups and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the centers of the tarts are set….they should jiggle slightly but not be loose.
- Cool completely before removing from pan. When removing, run a knife around the edges of the tarts to loosen before removing. Serve with whipped cream and garnish with chopped toasted pecans! These can also be prepared and baked ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
Nutrition facts are approximate and will vary depending on the ingredients used. Carbs from sugar alcohols have been excluded since they have shown to have no impact on blood sugar.