Quick and easy, this no fuss crustless Keto Pizza Casserole is my new go-to low carb pizza option. Forget having to deal with making a crust, this casserole is all the best elements of your favorite pizza wrapped up in one delicious dish that’s irresistible!
If you don’t know by now, I’m a pizza fanatic. It’s just one of those foods I can’t get enough of. In the past, I would just peel the toppings off the pizza and enjoy them to stay low carb but when I had to go gluten free, I couldn’t justify the cost of a gluten free crust only to peel the toppings off. I’ve made dozens of keto friendly pizza crusts…fathead dough, cauliflower crust, zucchini crusts…you name it I’ve tried it and while they’re all tasty, sometimes I just don’t want to go to the trouble of making a crust!
That being said, if you want more of a traditional pizza option check out my Keto Deep Dish Pizza.
Now without further ado, enter this yummy Keto Pizza Casserole!
How to Make Keto Pizza Casserole
To be honest, I love a good cauliflower pizza crust but this casserole delivers all the pizza taste in no time at all. No melting cheese, rolling dough or wringing cauliflower rice needed and better yet, this easy pizza casserole comes together in under 20 minutes and can be made ahead for easy meal prep!
To keep this pizza casserole as low in carbs as possible, I used a mixture of ground beef, shredded mozzarella, a few eggs and some marinara sauce for the base. Everything goes into the bottom of a lightly greased casserole and baked for a few minutes until set.
I used an oval casserole dish that is about 13 inches long, 2.5 inches deep and 2.25 quarts so 9×9 pan or 11×7 pan will work as well but just note baking times may vary slightly.
What Marinara Sauce to Use for the Pizza Casserole
To make this casserole as simple as possible, I use one of my favorite keto friendly jarred marinara sauces like Rao’s, Michael’s of Brooklyn or Lucini Marinara. Use your favorite or homemade, but to keep the carb count as low as possible, be sure to use a sauce with no added sugar.
It’s all about the toppings…
Since the base of this pizza casserole is ground beef and so low carb, I take my liberties with the toppings. Italian sausage, onion, olives, more cheese and pickled jalapenos…. don’t skip the jalapenos! If you don’t like the heat of the jalapenos, check out these “tamed” pickled jalapenos or use pickled banana peppers…in my opinions the bite of the pickled pepper makes the pizza!
A side note about 1915 Farm…
For this Keto Pizza Casserole, I used my favorite Italian Sausage from 1915 Farm, a farm down in South Texas that raises local grass fed beef, pork and pasture raised chicken. They’ll deliver custom orders or subscription boxes straight to your door. I highly recommend their sausage..especially the fresh Jalapeño Cheese Sausage but all the meat is incredible quality! Highly recommend…be sure to check them out!
This recipe is so versatile as far as toppings go… use any toppings you enjoy but I’m telling you you’ve got to try it with the jalapeños!
Keto Pizza Casserole is a must have in your low carb recipe arsenal! Prep it ahead of time for a quick weeknight meal that your whole family will love! Kid and Cowboy approved as always!
Keto Pizza Casserole
For the base of the casserole:
- 1 1/4 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup shredded Mozzerella cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar free marinara sauce
To finish the casserole:
- 1 cup sugar free marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzerella cheese
- 1 cup cooked Italian sausage, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 4 oz. can sliced olives
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
To make the base:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the ground beef and 1 cup of mozzerella cheese into a lightly greased casserole dish and stir to combine. Whisk together the eggs and 1/4 cup marinara sauce and pour evenly over the ground beef. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set.
To finish the casserole:
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350. Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce evenly over the base layer. Spread the remaining cheese evenly over the sauce. Sprinkle the sausage, onions, olives and jalapenos evenly over the cheese and top with parmesan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.