This post is sponsored by Gary’s QuickSteak, one of my new favorite products!
Looking for a main dish to serve at your upcoming Holiday brunch? Look no further! This Chicken Artichoke Frittata is quick and easy to prepare and has all the Holiday flare, decadence and flavor you’re looking to bring to your gathering! This is not your ordinary kitchen sink frittata. Loaded with savory chicken, artichokes, baby greens, roasted peppers, melty Fontina cheese and studded with pockets of ricotta…this creamy, dreamy frittata will be the talk of your celebration and have your guests in the holiday spirit in no time!
Frittitas are one of my favorite things to make for breakfast or brunch…or lunch…or dinner. Let’s face it, you can serve a frittata for any meal and they’re always a hit! I love making meals that look and taste like you slaved all morning or afternoon, but it really just took minutes to through together. That is the beauty of the frittata. I serve them to guests here at the Ranch all the time and they just go crazy for them…even the picky guys and kids. They think they are getting a fancy pants breakfast but in reality…super simple, homey, comfort food in disguise!
This is exactly what makes a frittata perfect for holiday brunch! I’ve used some special ingredients to dress up this Chicken Artichoke Frittata to make it Holiday worthy! I used artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper and a mixture of baby chard, kale and spinach for the veggies. I love that the artichoke hearts have the texture of potatoes…perfect for the low carb or keto lifestyle!
My favorite part of this frittata is the cheese! The cheese can make or break a frittata and the Fontina I used here adds amazing flavor and creaminess! To add a little more holiday decadence, I added whole milk ricotta to the eggs. The secret is to break the ricotta up but not incorporate it totally…that way when you slice the frittata you have these pocket of warm ricotta….AMAZING! A frittata without ricotta should not exist…trust me on this! As I write this, I ‘m sitting here savoring a piece…every bite is different…flavors, textures…absolutely divine! Maddie declares the the best frittata ever!
Now, we can’t get on without talking about the chicken!! Typically, I don’t like chicken in frittatas because the chunks seem to just get in the way and don’t add anything special to the show. Soft creamy eggs, cheesy goodness…big piece of dry chicken…absolutely not.
Well, I have a new favorite product! I say “I” but in reality…the whole family loves it…especially the Cowboy! I recently discovered Gary’s Quicksteak products in my local grocery store and grabbed a package to try for a quick meal. Needless to say, this is now a must have product we keep on hand in the freezer for quick meal prep! Do yourself a favor…go the freezer section at your local grocery store and find Gary’s QuickSteak! This is meat has been sliced super thin…think Philly cheese steak style…and frozen for quick cooking. They offer beef, chicken and corned beef and they are great to have on hand for a quick low carb or keto meal! The meat can be cooked from frozen and takes just a few minutes…no joke…from frozen to ready to serve! We love the beef for cheese steak bowls, quick fajitas, and even scrambled with eggs!
For this frittata, I used the Gary’s chicken which is also sliced super thin, Philly style, and cooks up in no time! I love that its so easy to get that golden brown color on it which gives amazing flavor to the chicken and the frittata! Gary’s Philly chicken is perfect in this frittata….no big hunks of chicken!
The QuickSteak products are great to have on hand for the holidays and offer a great “shortcut” without sacrificing quality! I can think of a million things to do with them so this is definitely not the last time you’ll see me use it!
Ok…so here it is! Ya’ll this Chicken Artichoke Frittata is absolutely swoon worthy and perfect for your holiday brunch! How can you go wrong? So easy to prepare and insanely delicious…you’re about to become a holiday hero! Low carb, keto friendly, gluten free!
Chicken Artichoke Frittata is absolutely swoon worthy and perfect for your holiday brunch! So easy to prepare and insanely delicious...low carb, keto friendly, gluten free!
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 12 oz. package Gary’s QuickSteak Chicken Philly
- 11/2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups baby spinach, chard, kale mix or baby spinach
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers diced (about one pepper)
- 1 9 oz. package of frozen artichokes hearts thawed and halved
- 5 oz. Fontina cheese grated
- 1/3 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, sour cream, ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Gently stir to combine well but don’t whip. You don’t want to add too much air to the eggs. Add ricotta cheese to the eggs. Break up ricotta into the eggs but don’t mix in completely…you want lumps no larger than a grape. Gently stir in the Fontina cheese and set aside.
- Preheat a 12 inch nonstick oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add Gary’s QuickSteak Chicken and salt, pepper and garlic. Cook over medium high heat until fully cooked and golden brown. Add the butter, thawed artichokes and onion and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until the onions start to turn translucent.
Lower the heat the medium low and add the roasted peppers and greens and cook for another minute or two until greens are wilted. Spread chicken and veggies mixture evenly across the bottom of the skillet. Give the egg mixture a final gentle stir and pour evenly over the chicken veggie mixture. Move the chicken mixture around a little so the eggs can get down to the bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the eggs.
- Cook the mixture over medium low heat until the eggs start coming away from the side of the pan 3-5 minutes…no stirring needed. Place the pan in a 350 degree oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Do not over bake! Carefully remove from oven and cool at least 5-10 minutes. Best served warm or at room temperature! Slice in wedges and serve!