Asparagus Salad with Lemon Viniagrette
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans trimmed and cut into 1 ½” pieces
- 8 oz. marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers cut into strips
- 12 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ small purple onion thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp. Lakanto Sweetener or your low carb sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Prepared Ice Bath for Blanching Veggies
Bring a large pot of salted water up to a boil. Once the water is boiling drop in the green beans and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and place immediately into the prepared ice bath. Drop the asparagus into the salted water and blanche for 2 minutes. Remove immediately and place into the prepared ice bath. Remove the cooled asparagus and green beans from the ice bath and lay them on paper towels to dry.
Combine all the ingredient for the dressing in a mason jar and shake until combined. For a smoother dressing, process in the blender.
In a large bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, onions and dried green beans and asparagus; toss to combine. Pour dressing over the veggies and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper as needed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2.4mg