These Keto Banana Blueberry Muffins are perfect for a quick weekday breakfast or low carb snack even the kids will love. Prep a batch on Sunday night and you are set for the week! Full of rich banana flavor and studded with sweet blueberries, these muffins are one of our favorite breakfast treats. Smear with softened butter and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with liners or spray.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat add blueberries, 1 Tbsp. Lakanto and a pinch of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer, smashing the berries. Simmer the blueberry sauce until thickens and it coats the back of a spoon…about 7 minutes.
3. In a blender combine the eggs, egg yolk, zucchini and extracts and blend on high for about 10 seconds until light and fluffy and zucchini is pureed.
4. In a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer combine almond flour, coconut flour, the rest of the sweetener, flax, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
5. Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed with the paddle attachment, or by hand, till combined, scraping down sides at least once. Add sour cream, melted butter to the batter and mix again till combined.
6. Spoon the thickened blueberries in the batter and gently swirl the blueberries through the batter, not mixing it in completely.
7. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan (about 3-4" full) and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until done.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until done. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and remove to cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy with a cup of coffee! These can be bagged up and stored at room temp for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5.
**In a pinch I have even used frozen zucchini here. Just make sure to thaw it out and press it between two paper towels to get rid of all the excess moisture! Use 3/4 cup in place of the fresh!