I am always experimenting with different wing recipes…everyone around here loves them, which is great because they make a quick and easy dinner! The Cowboy adores them and these Apricot Glazed Sweet & Spicy Wings are a definite hit!
You know why I decided to get good at cooking wings? Because to go out and eat them is so dang expensive! Well you know what? They are so easy to cook at home plus they taste better, they’re healthier and they’re cheaper! I can make almost 3 times the wings at home for the same price as our local wings place! So save your money and whip up some delicious wings at home for game day or movie night!
Wings are so versatile, there literally hundreds, if not thousands of flavor options. I often do regular hot, bbq or lemon pepper at home but for something different, I came up with these Apricot Glazed Sweet & Spicy Wings. They are sweet, savory and spicy with a delectable caramelized, crusty skin. It’s official…I love all things caramelized. Brown equals yummy flavor!
Letting the wings sit for a while in a ziplock with seasoning helps them soak up flavor and helps them crisp up. Then while baking, there is a simple method to helping get crispy wings in the oven…bake them hot and naked, toss in sauce, bake again, baste and bake again…it’s a triple bake! It is super simple, requires one pan and out of your oven will come some amazing wings!! Grab a beer or your beverage of choice, sit back in the comfort of your own home and prepare yourself…these are going to be AWESOME!
Apricot Glazed Sweet & Spicy Wings
Apricot Glazed Sweet & Spicy Wings are sweet, savory and spicy with a delectable caramelized, crusty skin. Gluten free and incredibly delicious...Cowboy & kid approved!
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds chicken wings (drumettes & flats)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (granulated)
- Apricot Glaze
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Step 1 Combine wings with next three ingredients in a large plastic zip top bag. Shake and toss to distribute seasoning evenly. Refrigerate for at least one hour…three is best!
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place wings on parchment lined baking sheet about an inch and a half apart and bake for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 While wings are in the oven, lets make the glaze! Combine apricot jam and the next 4 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Step 4 After 30 minutes remove wings from oven. One by one, dip hot wings into glaze, coat well and return to pan. After all the wings are dipped, return to oven for 12 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove wings from oven, brush with remaining glaze, flip them over and return to oven. Bake for another 10 minutes or until caramelized and sticky! Enjoy!